Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Recommend a gas pressure washer

Sorry but that Trot Built is a very low end PW, about as cheap as they get. Wrong engine type, should be a horiz. shaft, wrong pump, you want triplex ceramic pistons, and if you place a gauge at the hose outlet, you will find that there is no way you are at 3gpm/3k psi. That is impossible with your PW. Most manuf. inflate the figures , they are theoretical, which are not actual in use numbers. My CAT/Honda 6.5hp can not even do that. The price is also not good. I paid $199 for my DW2800, 6.5hp GX commercial honda,CAT[the best ] Pump, $500 for my DW3750, 13hp Honda, CAT too. They were new , clearance priced. Both have commercial guns and 50' of hose. That pump will loose the seals fast and wear out, it is an axial cam, like a rotary engine not cam /piston design. like the triplex types.[. call any repair or seller for info.] CL has many good setups for less money. That PW you bought is $200 at Sam's Club BTW.

For $300, for example,
    ,http://losangeles.craigslist.org/ant...686608018.html
    That is a good setup, AR pump, 7.5hp OHV B&S

On the lead washing, I guess they may require a tenting every time it rains. Love those enviro lunes.
    Last edited by Andrew M.; 04-17-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M. View Post
    Sorry but that Trot Built is a very low end PW,

On the lead washing, I guess they may require a tenting every time it rains. Love those enviro lunes.
    I'm not doing "commercial cleaning" which would require something more robust. There were plenty of better units available, but this one serves the needs that I have for this job. Even if it died after the job was done, I've still made my money on the project.

I guess you missed the essential point. Lugging it up through a finished home, 3.5 flights of stairs. I couldn't care less what "the best one" is. I needed compactness and portability. It will do this job, and a few other light duty chores as well. I washed my truck with it yesterday, and I think I spent a total of 12 minutes doing so.

The first thing I said in my post about the unit was that it's pressure was MINIMAL..... If you spend the time to read into what someone's INTENT says, before downplaying their purchase on why or why not it's required to do the job, you'd find that your opinion to purchase a larger unit doesn't really apply to my use needs.

Yes it's low end, but as long as it lasts the 2 years the warranty allows, it will have paid for itself many times over.
    Chuck

Huh, you asked . If you do not want advice from some one with experience then why ask? He are several much better PW's for $300. Even if you are not a Sam's club member you can get a fee day pass. I work hard for my money and do not like to waste it. Again you over paid by $100 at least , for the same or better unit. . This seems like a waste of my time trying to help you but it could help someone else, but here is the link;

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/sea...mtype=&x=0&y=0

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M. View Post
    Huh, you asked . If you do not want advice from some one with experience then why ask?
    Are you feeling ok, Andrew ?

If so, show me, by example, where "I asked". I didn't ask anyone anything. The "Why" was Why did I purchase it?, not "WHY SHOULD I ?"

I just posted my experience with a PW I purchased..... nothing more... So you're basically trying to help someone who "didn't ask for help".

Try looking for someone who's asking, and you'll get a more receptive response.
    Chuck

And my point illustrated on the cheaply made troybilt; read the whole link if interested
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32505

"My wife and I recently purchased a Troy-bilt pressure washer. It's rated at 3000psi, 2.7gpm, and has a briggs motor. Item #: 91215 | Model #: 20416 "
    "After doing some research online, it's difficult to source the exact model number to any decent reviews, even if this unit is a discontinued model, will parts be available afterward. I saw one post stating that CAT did not list any replacement parts for the pump.

So I'm looking to see if this would be a worthy upgrade, given an extra 300 psi, which I understand now, is not at the tip but at the manifold of the pump, build quality etc.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    Reply With Quote"
    "Forget it, just going to buy it tomorrow.

My Troy-Bilt ended up loosing two bolts on the pump today after I was using it, the motor backfired a few times as well, and it wouldn't start on the 2nd or even 4th try.
    He is buying the Ridgid with a Subaru/CAT. The Honda commercial GX engines are proven trouble free and I prefer them. CAT has all parts available and has a web site that has them listed, even has free repair manuals there.

BTW, Sam's Club They do have an excellent return policy ,up to a year, as you may need that for the pump. It has the axial cam type of PW but with a superior GP Honda engine[over that type of B&S] for $299 if you want a low end washer . I still do not recommend that type of PW pump.
    Last edited by Andrew M.; 05-02-2010 at 09:31 AM.

I'll thank you for the info "M." I was teased by the cheap price Troybuilt, although I still haven't bought a PW. I may reactivate my Sams Clun membership and check those out.

Sam's will give you a 1 day pass or refund your membership at any time. They are really good about returns. I believe that is a Coleman Black Max., but the vertical shaft engines are just not the best for PW, generator, etc. use. They really are lawn mower engines.
    If you can find a carb. version of the Ridgid/Subaru/CAT, they were going for $400 on clearance, that is a very good PW..