Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Concealed Bench Seat hinges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concealed Bench Seat hinges

I found a bench seat hinge online, and when contacting the company they declined to provide manufacturer & model information.
    http://www.hardwaresource.com/Store_...ts.asp?Cat=788

Due to being the one specifying the components, I would like to find manufacturer info or get an alternate product.

These hinges look like a nice fit for what we're designing, a window seat bench with a lid that will sit flush to the wall without the need to use a reverse piano hinge.

Does anybody recognize this product or have an alternate concealed hinge that will allow for tight to wall placement of the lid?

Some features I do like about this product:
    SKU 796030 (with springs) will counter balance a seat or lid weighing between 17 and 26lbs (keeps the seat from slamming shut and makes it easier to open)

allow the seat to open to 95 degrees

the seat will move forward about 4" as it opens the full 95 degrees

Thanks
    "Objects in History may be closer than they appear"

Re: Concealed Bench Seat hinges

I used to go with the soss med duty invisibles and either rabbets or cleats [depending on size] and have the 3-4" back rail, but all of the ones I've done recently I've either done tilt out's, full drawers, or left open - sometimes with a shelf base or wire rack. Never found the various spring loaded ones to be much advantage overall.
    Donald on the basis of his net worth valuation-

"...feelings, even my own feelings, and that can change rapidly day to day"

Comment

Try this
      http://www.outwaterhardware.com/cata...8.asp?page=285
      SteveC
      The improbable takes time, the impossible takes a little longer.

Comment

Looks like Hafele (about listing #10 on my web search of "bench seat hinge"

http://www.homedecorhardware.com/hafele-643-01-506.html

Comment

Thanks for your replies. It sure does look like the Hafele model 643-01-5 hinge.
          "Objects in History may be closer than they appear"

Comment

Page 515 Hafele catalog.

Which doesn't necessarily make Hafele the manufacturer, but if you are seeking to specify by maker, model, finish, etc., the Hafele catalog is a better source than some web reseller.

Comment

Working...
            X