Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Dewalt Framing Nailer Leak

I have a 30 degree dewalt framing stick nailer that is leaking bad around the driver pin, it blowes out the nose so bad you can clean the deck off with it. Anyway not a very expensive gun $220 at lowes, checked all of the o-rings and found nothing wrong. So I took it to the dewalt shop near me and told the lady I didn't want to waste a buch of money to fix a fairly inexpensive gun, she told me the repair would be no more than 40% of the cost of the gun, $149.00. I tried to explain to her that 40% of $220.00 was $88.00 but it got hopelessly lost in translation. I think the bumper seal might be leaking, but the part is $40.00 so I thought I would see if anyone had an idea, or has had this problem before I bought it. Thanks for the help.
    Joe D
    P.S. Throw the gun away and buy a max or hitachi does not quailfy as an idea, I already thought of that ;-)

Default Re: Dewalt Framing Nailer Leak

Check prices on the internet for rebuild kits and parts - both at Dewalt's online store and secondary suppliers. They're usually less than the service centers.
    Joe Adams
    Deep Creek Builders, Inc.
    Houston, Texas

do not be to hard on the gun .all my guns have had troubles ,not relative to how much they have been used or by what i paid .sometimes the damaged seal is obvious and other times it would seem they were perfect .throw shop labor in on most repairs and things are questionable .
    dewalt though i found sells parts from there sight at a better price then the general tool parts online sights

There's no seal at the bumper. Your problem is the piston seal or the seals in the cap. What model do you have?

If it's blowing bad enough thru the driver opening to clean the deck off, it sounds like one of the seals may have totally blown out (as in "exit stage left"), do you have/can you find the exploded diagram of the gun just to make sure that all the o-rings are there?

For it to be blasting air as bad as you mention, it's not just a leaky seal or air "getting past" something.
    "I'll bend over backwards to help anybody, but I ain't bending over forwards for nobody"

Paul

You could try their new airless rapid fire model
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brad

You will never stand taller than when kneeling to help a child.

Thanks for the replies guys. Mark it is the D51822 model, thanks for the thought on a missing ring, I'll check that.
    Joe D