Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

refrigerator drawer lubricant?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refrigerator drawer lubricant?

Is there a food-safe lubricant that is meant to be used on sticky plastic refrigerator drawer tracks?

Re: refrigerator drawer lubricant?

Check out Dow Chemical. I know from the past that they make food grade lubricants.

Comment

I just 'googled' "FOOD GRADE LUBRICANTS", the response was overwhelming...................steve
      When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.
      Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

mineral oil is what i was told to oil my food processor by some one that works in the food industry so i am sure it would work in the fridge.
        -Sal

Handyman - Flooring - Built-Ins & Custom Carpentry - Porch Renovation

Comment

The brand I remember is Lubriplate or something similar. Any restaurant supply house will have it.

Comment

WD-40, or
            http://www.instawares.com/food-grade...3-1062.0.7.htm
            Last edited by smtitmas; 05-15-2008, 05:48 AM.
            S.M.Titmas.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
            - Bob Marley

Comment

I talked to my friend, Clark W. Griswold, and he told me he just developed a "a new non-caloric silicon-based kitchen lubricant." According to him, "It creates a surface 500 times more slippery than any cooking oil" that should work great for a refrigerator lube.

I know it worked great on his super saucer.
              Last edited by Greg Di; 05-15-2008, 02:37 PM.
              Your source for:
              Decks • Deck Design • Porches • Railings • Pergolas in Bergen County New Jersey
              Remodeling and Home Improvements in Bergen County | EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor
              Techno Metal Post: Helical Foundation Piles in New Jersey
              Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Di View Post
                "a new non-caloric silicon-based kitchen lubricant."
                I know it worked great on his super saucer.
                there are so many jokes that i could get from that but lets leave that for the 'joke of the day' thread.
                S.M.Titmas.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
                - Bob Marley

Comment

fwiw.
                  A good cleaning works good too.

Comment

I hear that Ear Wax works well, but I've never been able to find an old geezer with enough ear wax that wasn't contaminated with tufts of hair growing in it, so I never bothered... ;-)
                    Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by smtitmas View Post
                      I need something I can apply to tracks with a Q-tip, not a spray. It's got to be food safe and won't dissolve 30-year-old plastic. The tracks look clean to me.

Comment

Originally posted by charles View Post
                        I need something I can apply to tracks with a Q-tip, not a spray. It's got to be food safe and won't dissolve 30-year-old plastic. The tracks look clean to me.
                        spray it in a dish and use the q-tip to apply it to the tracks. but keep in mind that any wet lube will attract dust and crumbs like a magnet.
                        S.M.Titmas.

- Bob Marley

Comment

Originally posted by charles View Post
                          If you'd have planned ahead, you could have used the same Q-tip to clean your ears for 30 years, and then you'd have enough ear wax on the Q-tip all ready to apply to the tracks.
                          Mark

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say, "If I had a dollar for every time....", I'd be a rich man.

Comment

Working...
                          X