Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Scaffolding Estimating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaffolding Estimating

Hi

Can some scaffolding estimator expert tell me please which software is best and easy for estimating scaffolding of new build building?

Many thanks

Re: Scaffolding Estimating

I don't think I've ever seen software specifically for estimating scaffolding- it's a pretty "unscientific" item to estimate unless you're talking about scaffolding the Empire State Building or something- divide the length of the wall needing scaffolding by the length of each frame, divide the height of the wall by the height of each frame, and multiply the two to determine the number of frames you need. What exactly are you having problems with?

Comment

Bob, when I used to have scaffolding put up they used pipes not frames and there was often a lot to it. Stair towers, cantilevers, trusses over the garage and/or front porch, up and down the hill, etc.

The guy who priced them figured the rent on the material, and he figured a crew would take a day to load up, drive, and set up one job. Then they'd take a day to strike, load out, and clear a job. These were average to large houses.
      Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
      Website - Facebook

Comment

Who ever you plan to rent the scalfold from should be able to help you with this.

I'm currently working with a company and they are pretty much telling me what I need and how much it will cost. There giving me a couple options also to chose from.
        My forum signature

Comment

I use Brand Scaffolding, a nationwide company that rents scaffolding, sells, designs on complex jobs, and does E & D. It's one of those things that I'd rather not worry myself with. They also deal in shoring. A full service scaffolding contractor will also minimize your exposure to OSHA liability by supplying a complete product.

Comment

This site shows the scaffolding calculator

http://www.scaffold-sales-online.com...Calculator.htm
            rent scaffolding cost

Comment

I imagine if you wait a day or two, the guy from India will show up and explain all about scaffolding to you!
              Take Care

Jim

Comment

Deleted........

Comment

Originally posted by Miraclin View Post
                  This site shows the scaffolding calculator

http://www.scaffold-sales-online.com...Calculator.htm
                  This is a real useful tool many thanks
                  Quality Construction Equipment! Scaffolding Direct