Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Richmond Virginia tool stores

I've noticed that there are quite a few guys from the richmond area on this forum. i was wondering if you guys know of any different tools stores in the area to buy carpentry tools. I like to find different things than what is available at the big boxes. Almost everywhere I have ever been there are local stores that have different, and really cool stuff, espically hand tools. I live off beach road in chester. I know about Harper, Sewiers, Pleasants but are there any other places like that around here?
    Thanks for the help
    Joe

Default Re: Richmond Virginia tool stores

Other than the places you mentioned, the Woodcraft store at Willow Lawn has some nice hand tools. If your looking for power tools, there are a lot of other specialty and industrial supply houses than you can buy from, most of them located near down town.

Bruce

Default Re: Richmond Virginia tool stores

I was going to say Woodcraft.

Also there is a flooring company called Long Floor Supply or something on Hermitage Road just past the SPCA. They don't have many tools but they have some of the Spring Tools punches/sets and they supposedly carry The Extractor by Jefferson Tools which is what I went there for in the first place. They didn't have it in yesterday but said it might be in tomorrow, so I'll have to check back.

Not sure if you could make use of the Extractor or not, but if you feel like going somewhere for just one tool instead of ordering online, then there ya go.