Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default Wanna see some fine work?

Go here and see what Chad Reitan Fine Woodworking is doing in Santa Cruz, CA.

Some absolutely knockout stuff.

http://www.woodweb.com/galleries/project/posts/782.html

Default Re: Wanna see some fine work?

Bob,

Wow... One must be pretty darn gifted in design to work so fluidly in such a variety of styles... inspirational.

Matt

nice work indeed. there is lots of design inspiration to be had from looking over his work. does he have a website?
    S.M.Titmas.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you. You just gotta find the ones worth suffering for."
    - Bob Marley

Beautiful work, I' like to have seen more of how he combined his woods in the Cherry, Mahogany and Maple kitchen. Next time I'm down in Santa Cruz I've got to stop by and talk to this guy. Thanks for posting his work, here is more on him, his website is under construction.
    Last edited by Dick Seibert; 11-04-2007 at 12:18 PM.
    When fascism comes to America it will not be in brown and black shirts, it will not be with jack-boots, it will be in Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts. Germany lost the Second World War, Fascism won it. George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Bob, just curious, you've posted some of his work before. How do you know him? It's nice work.

BTW, some of my brother's work might be of interest to you. He is a partner in Marine Artisans Group, although they're still basically using Mark's web page (a little slow on the tech side of things).
    http://www.lavrans.com

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp posts; for support rather than illumination." -Andrew Lang

Lavrans:

Very nice, does he do your cabinets for you?
    When fascism comes to America it will not be in brown and black shirts, it will not be with jack-boots, it will be in Nike sneakers and Smiley shirts. Germany lost the Second World War, Fascism won it. George Carlin 1937 - 2008

Not yet. I haven't had anything come up that I can't do, and he's a little ways off. He's my main specialized veneer source, and I bug him when dealing with curved and odd stuff. Problem is, a lot of the materials he uses are way out of the price range of the clients I am finding here in Portland. I don't know many people who have the money or need for carbon fiber honeycomb core cabinet boxes... We talk about doing some projects together, but the chance rarely comes up. I'm always buried when he's got extra work, & vice versa.

So, bragging rights here- The picture of the restaurant bar in the Land side is my brother Roy's restaurant in NYC. You would probably appreciate the wine list, Dick.
    http://www.lavrans.com

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp posts; for support rather than illumination." -Andrew Lang

As Matt said ,inspirational .Makes me think of my grandfathers talk of old world craftsmanship.
    I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there.
    Richard Feynman

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Seibert View Post
    Beautiful work, I' like to have seen more of how he combined his woods in the Cherry, Mahogany and Maple kitchen. Next time I'm down in Santa Cruz I've got to stop by and talk to this guy. Thanks for posting his work, here is more on him, his website is under construction.
    Dick - Do not go to Santa Cruz in your Hummer!!!! You might not make it out of there....

I'm Joking :) You know SC...

I lived there awhile and will be there most of Jan. Drop me a line if your down there and drop by this guys shop.
    “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
    Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Dave:

Santa Cruz is nothing for me, my son is in Berkeley and I go there at least once a week, I've actually had one guy fall off his bike (iPod and all in his ears) trying to make sure I saw the bird he was flipping me.

Remember when they were writing on the STOP signs "The War" under the word "STOP"? Now all the Berkeley STOP signs have "Driving" written under "STOP".

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Seibert View Post
    Dave:

Santa Cruz is nothing for me, my son is in Berkeley and I go there at least once a week, I've actually had one guy fall off his bike (iPod and all in his ears) trying to make sure I saw the bird he was flipping me.

Remember when they were writing on the STOP signs "The War" under the word "STOP"? Now all the Berkeley STOP signs have "Driving" written under "STOP".
    That's pretty funny Dick. I am picturing that in my head now.

My favorite Berkley story is eating at a cafe where a bunch of kids hang out swooping in and taking food scraps and asking for money. We happened to be walking behind one girl that was full after getting enough leftovers, I guess. We went the same direction for several blocks and watched her hop into her Mercedes and drive off. I guess panhandling in Berkeley pays well?!

Stunning work by all.
    “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
    Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)