Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

12" x 12" ceiling tiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" x 12" ceiling tiles

I am trying to match some 12x12 ceiling tiles. The ones that are up have holes in them, (they look like peg board but the holes are closer together)

Does anybody have a source that may have some?

Thanks for you help,

Rick
    Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Re: 12" x 12" ceiling tiles

Rick, try going to www.usg.com and search for "WL816". This is a pdf with sample photos. You will need to scroll down the pdf to find some 12x12 tiles.

steve

Comment

I was recently looking for something similar, trying to match them for a patch job in a basement. No dice. Local yard could get something "close" but it was a special order with minimum qtys. I ended-up doing the whole room with a 12 x 12 plain style they had in stock.

-Norm

Comment

The leading manufacturer of those tiles was Celotex which went down with the asbestos and hardboard litigation. Other companies have purchased many of their products out of bankruptcy and BPB Corp seems to have their ceiling tile. Click on all of the links to identify the tile you are looking for.
        "The only communists left in the world are in American Universities."

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Comment

Working...
        X