Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Job site air filtration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job site air filtration?

I'm making an effort to keep my clients' houses cleaner (partly inspired by the JLC article back in Nov, "Controlling the Daily Dust"). Unlike the article, however, which suggested a dust extractor placed outside the building, I think my particular needs would be better met by a unit inside my work area. It could filter the air and then exhaust to the outdoors to negatively pressurize the work area.

I'm considering 2 models, both by Jet. One is small and very portable: the AFS-500, 33 lbs, 12x15x24, 440 cfm. The other is larger and rather unwieldly: the AFS-1000, 57 lbs, 14x26x32, 770 cfm.

Does anyone have any job-site experience with either of these? I certainly don't want to lug the big one around if the little one will do the job. But I question whether the little one has the capacity. (My interior work involves all different types of projects, --kitchens, baths, doors, windows, wood floors, etc.)

Thanks in advance, --Brian Abbott

Re: Job site air filtration?

i still have not purchased one, but there are a bunch of helpful threads about this. you should search the forums a bit....I think DancinDan had the one i am considering
    http://www.abatement.com/asbestos/eq...t_asbestos.htm

Comment

Abatement Technologies PAS1000 airscrubber.

Comment

It may be my search skills, but I could only find a couple of posts on the topic. Also, I can't find any posts by "DancinDan" when I do a search by username. Would you mind verifying the spelling?

Thanks again, --Brian

Comment

Here I am. I do indeed have the Abatement Technologies H2000HP. It's expensive and we don't use it all the time, but it was still well worth buying. There was another thread on this topic - search for my postings and you'll find it.

And I first heard about the machine in JLC several years ago - an article called Lead Safe Remodeling, I think.

Comment

Here's the article

Comment

I bought the Delta 800 cfm model(single speed) a couple of months ago and keep it on most of the day near my cutting area. It works well but I wish I would have gotten the two speed jet so I could hear myself think when I'm not cutting. For the amount of cutting I do( a lot lately me, another carpenter and two apprentices in one area), I dont think the 400 cfm would do the job. I also have my fein turbo II hooked up to my miter saw which removes the bulk of the miter saw dust. The amount of dust extracted from the air in a day is shocking. My lungs thank me now.
              Kye

Comment

Originally posted by dbajmf View Post

i still have not purchased one, but there are a bunch of helpful threads about this. you should search the forums a bit....I think DancinDan had the one i am considering
                http://www.abatement.com/asbestos/eq...t_asbestos.htm
                There are many resources on the net if you need one. I think a blue air is good for me.

best air purifiers|best large room air purifiers|best air purifiers for office|best air purifiers for bedroom|best air purifiers for allergies|best air purifiers for pets|best air purifiers for mold|best air purifiers for dust|best air purifiers for baby
                Last edited by brentpham; 02-02-2020, 02:31 AM.
                Hello everyone

Comment

Working...
                X