Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default mtm tool pouches

Has anyone heard of MTM tool pouches out of Arizona ? I cannot find anyone that sells them. Thanks

Default Re: mtm tool pouches

10 yrs and going strong, i have never seen a better set up and one that is so durable....mendoza textile manufacturing.....hard to find but you can call them direct and they will mail you a set....

http://www.mtmbags.com/

mine look as old as they are and i keep saying i need a new set but they just won't fall apart!

Quote Originally Posted by dbajmf
    10 yrs and going strong, i have never seen a better set up and one that is so durable....mendoza textile manufacturing.....hard to find but you can call them direct and they will mail you a set....

http://www.mtmbags.com/

mine look as old as they are and i keep saying i need a new set but they just won't fall apart!
    you like them better than an occidental system? by the looks of them they dont seem to be as high quality but we all know looks can be decieving.. and im not crazy about nylon bags.

Made with 2 layers of USA made 1000 denier Cordura with a a higher thread count per square inch
    Full ounce of urethane coating, durable and water repellant
    Bottom of bags are reinforced with heavy weight polypropelene
    All stress points are plate riveted and bar tacked
    Sewn with nylon bonded thread, UV treated 3x thickner than used by others
    Designed and manufactued entirely in the United States !!!!!

the pouches are still stiff enough that they stay open for easy acess...i'm tellin ya, built to last!

The stats are pretty impressive I admit. Occidental is made in the usa too, I used to use fabric but I dont trust them anymore, I use fixed blade utility knives and they used to cut them all the time. and occidental bags look quite nice :)
    "The best part is that gutter butter at the bottom" - Jeff B.

I have been told that MTM is reorganizing their company. They have not answered the phone in a month. I'm still baffeled that I cannot find anyone online or elsewhere that sells them. I have an Occidential setup now which has foam between the nylon layers and they never break in. The Mtm bag that I've seen softens up but still holds the stuff in the bags. Their website is great at showing the large selection they have. (www.mtmbags.com)

I used a MTM bag for about 4 years or so. I liked the three bags - one for fasteners, one for tools, and one for miscellaneous stuff. However, when the plastic belt latch and the velcro started to wear, the bags began to droop. I spent way too much time trying to cinch the belt tight. I thought that replacing the plastic latching belt with a leather belt would help, but I found that that was really uncomfortable.

I recently got the Occidental Pro Framer bags (5080?) and I love them, even though it has one less bag than the MTM rig. Even though I can't carry as many fasteners, I find that I can still carry the same amount of hand tools.

Frankly, I was kind of disappointed in the MTM bags. I used them during summer breaks home from college and a couple of Saturdays over the course of a semester during that time, and then full time for about a year and a half. I figured they would last a lot longer, especially since I take good care of my gear.