Are you a subscriber but don’t have an online account?

Register for full online access.

+ Reply to Thread

Default How much money should your Lead/Foreman make you?

Is there an industry standard for mark-up percentage on Lead Carpenters?

Default Re: How much money should your Lead/Foreman make you?

Might want to try salary.com. Found it on FHB site. Pretty good stuff. That said our drivers and super need to be at 25-26% of gross. Driver makes 30k. Should gross $120,000.Every body is different. These numbers probably don't translate to yours.

Peter;
    This would have to be area specific according to the prorated labor adjustment at least to some degree. Here I can pay only 44,000 and they are overjoyed.
    Concerning labor adjustments or nation's averages;
    We find that the closer to a metro area you are, the more you must pay. This greatly distorts the averages for exact numbers so do not use averages as rule, but only as a guidline as intended.
    For instance, we are close to and sometimes within our metro area. We 'buy' labor, meaning we do pay more to receive quality. Our average national adjustment rate is .88 xs the average. We have noone at that rate. All are at or above the national average.
    Since our school system is not producing potential skilled help, we essentially are paying for others to move here for balance in our skills needed.

If your question is , "how much money should your lead carpenter make you" ,,,,,I anticipated lead carpenters handling 350,000.00 in volume per year. That is for a remodeling lead carpenter i.e. additions, kitchens and baths. What you had built into that 350,000.00 number for profit would be what the lead will make you. If you are a carpentry sub, I wouldn't expect anymore than 100% over salary if you are lucky.

Andrew;
    Yes, it is great you bring up this point. In the end, it is all solely based upon production by leads.

I am in washington dc and the payrate i think is high my lead makes 60k plus bonuses. We have a lead carpenter system and they generate about 500k a year. We utilize subs for elect, plumb, hvac, drywall, and painting and the lead frames, finish carpentry, sets plumb fixtures, does point up, writes up change orders for the office to review and price. and give me anticipate sub schedules.