Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

New Jersey Carpenter Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Carpenter Needed

I recieved this note from a New Jersey Resident. I thought this might be a good place to ask if anyone knows a carpenter in that area. If you do, please post some contact information here and Paul will pick it up.
    Thanks,
    Gary

I had hired a $100/hr carpenter to replace some rotten windowsills and mouldings on several large picture windows in my home. After climbing out on the roof to examine the progress of the work I noticed that it was very poorly done. First, he made the pitch of the windowsills almost nonexistent so that water just pools on them rather than running off. His cuts were way off and he attempted to cover the errors up with huge amounts of caulk inserted sloppily. I understand that making things fit nicely during a renovation of a pre-existing house is more challenging than building new, but his work was far far from acceptable. It didn't even look like he tried to make things appear "finished".

When I discussed the progress of his work with him in order to find a way to improve things going forward, he said that what he had done was the best he could do and he walked off the job taking the materials I had already paid for after having received more than half of the price of the job. He left my house in a disassembled state so that rain now pours in. Now I am faced with trying to protect my house from weather damage until I can find an honest competent carpenter to fix and finish his work.

Can you please please recommend an honest competent finish carpenter in northern NJ? I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

Paul A. Majewski

Re: New Jersey Carpenter Needed

Mr Majewski,

I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with this contractor. I'm certain your trust factor of contractors has dropped off substantially. I also am sure I can help you out with your predicament. My company is based out of Central Valley NY, in Southern Orange County. My range for projects includes Northern Bergen Co.. I don't know where your residence is located, but if you can't find a contractor locally, and are interested please feel free to contact me.

(845) 928-9925
    [email protected]
    Dave
    NB Custom Renovations

Comment

Mr. Majewski--

I too am located in New Jersey. I am based in Princeton, but may be willing to travel if you cannot find a local contractor. There are a few other NJ carpenters who post here. I am sure onr of us can help you out.

Eric Doherty
      Black Dog Carpentry
      [email protected]

Comment

I do finishwork and completions of walkoffs in Morris Co area

Comment

Mr. Majewski, I am a carpenter based in central NJ. I do a lot of remodels, finish work and renovations with very good references. If you would like to contact me I would be happy to discuss your situation and I am willing to travel.

Thank you,
          Gene Giegerich

[email protected]
          Last edited by meangene; 08-26-2004, 06:00 PM.
          Gene
          If it looks right, it is right

Comment

I am also based out of central NJ. Where are you at. I'd like to take a look at your work. e-mail me if interested [email protected]

I might have some mouldings in the shop you can have. If I can find some that are suitable, I'd be happy to get them out of the shop.
            DLRC inc. A full service Construction and Renovation company.

Can't I go 1 day without spilling my coffee!!?

Comment

Working...
            X