Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Nail gun belt clip

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail gun belt clip

Gary, My father and I both really enjoyed your class and demos in Providence. It looked like you had some sort of belt clip on your nail guns. Is that home made or can you buy em? I haven't used a nice belt clip on a nail gun since I left paslodes, but would really like to get my hands on a few!!
    Thanks

Re: Nail gun belt clip

Hi Mike,
    Senco makes aluminum belts clips for nail guns.
    I have them on all my guns!
    Try looking here as a source:
    http://www.juldan.com/juldan.html?specials.html

Good Luck!

John

Comment

Mike,

If you like to do things yourself, make 'em.

I know they're cheap, but I couldn't find them locally. I picked up some 1" wide aluminum at the big box, tapered it, drilled it, bent it...

About a ten minute job. I just looked at the pictures on the Senco site and in Gary's book and tried to match it. They work well and I can still get my nailers in their boxes.

Just an idea...

-Kit

Comment

Kit ,what size hole did you drill? does the air chuck keep it tight .

joseph

Comment

Joseph,
          I don't remember off the top of my head. I believe I used either a 7/16" or 1/2" spade bit. I then turned the air fitting in like a tap. It was a tight fit.

-Kit

Comment

Just made some for my nailers tonite. Used 1" wide, 1/8" thick aluminum flat. Drilled 1/2 hole and like Kit, used the fitting to cut threads. No more nailers falling off ladder while running crown.

James

Comment

Working...
            X