Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Myron-I got this link from you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myron-I got this link from you

Myron
    I found this mixer through a link on your website. It is at Wind-lock.com. Have you, or anyone else, used this 'fixed, 2-blade fan mixer' for mixing powder compounds? I'm looking for something that does a little better than the square shaped mixer I use now. (similar to the one pictured on the Wind-lock.com page) What do you guys think?

http://www.wind-lock.com/htmls/drywall_tools.html

Re: Myron-I got this link from you

They keep the splater down but seem to be a little slower for mixing powder compounds. They dont let as much air in to the mix which is a plus. I like them for paint and thin mixes. I still use the padle blade mixers to stir the premixed joint compound.

Comment

I prefer the blade style because it is easier to keep clean and it mixes compound faster.

Comment

We use the 2 blade fan mixer, and like it. We have used the square blade also, but it is harder to clean and doesn't mix as well, especially powder. The "squirrel-cage" mixer is good for smaller amounts and is the best for mixing wallpaper adhesive.

Comment

Working...
        X