Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

VLO stock might be fast money

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: VLO stock might be fast money

Originally posted by Andrew R. View Post
    I lost a few on those and don't track them anymore but nice going. Not much diversity but good move. Congratulations.
    Yes, Pretty much zero diversity but not a large wager either. It is gambling for sure. I'm always torn between taking a profit and buying back in cheaper and doing it again or just riding the overall trend. I guess if they raise the LT cap gains rate to more closely match short term rates I'd probably trade more often.
    Randy

Comment

Took the roller coaster ride up again. 25.14 today

Comment

Originally posted by kfc510 View Post
        OK, here's my pick:

BPOP

Recently at $1.90, closed today at $1.49, down to $1.44 after hours. I'd get out after a 10% gain and re-evaluate.

Gambling's fun!

kevin
        Mine closed at $1.79 today. Nice 20% gain. I'm in the wrong business..
        “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

Comment

Simpson (SSD) is off a bit from it's recent highs. I just bought at a bit under $29. Pays a dividend, too, btw,
          kevin
          “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair

Comment

VLO up 7% today. 27.00

Comment

VLO up 7% today. 27.00
              I saw that! Nice return for one day. Lessee, 7% x 5 days a week times 52 weeks....

1820% a year! Nice APR!
              k

Comment

up 3.5% today

Comment

Not to hijack your thread but yesterday a market analyst predicted Apple to go over $700.

Comment

Originally posted by TWhite View Post
                    Not to hijack your thread but yesterday a market analyst predicted Apple to go over $700.
                    Not a hijack at all. I've been watching Apple for a while, and I keep thinking it's too rich to buy in, and it keeps going up. Are you a buyer at $542?

(BTW Simpson up 4.5% today)
                    kevin

Comment

VLO up another 2.5% today

Comment

My stop loss kicked in at 25.50, I did pick up more of it last week, looking for 24.50 now. I like roller coaster stocks like this. Sometimes its a week , sometimes its a couple months but theres usualy a good 5 to 8% to pick up. In again at 21.65. Like i said Gambling!!
                        And it looks like you got in (at least some of it) at 21.65? That's a nice 31% gain. Have you taken any profit? You think it'll keep going up as oil/gas prices go up?

I sold 15,000 shares of BPOP at 1.91 (for a 28% gain since I posted 3 months ago) then bought 10,000 back at 1.83 this week. It closed today at 1.91, after making it up to 1.97. I think I'll sell again at 1.98 or so then buy back in at 1.88 or so, I expect it'll bounce around a bit before busting 2.00.

SSD was up again today, but that one I think I'll just hold for a while.

kevin

Comment

Stock market is thru the roof today and of course up 96% from just 3+ years ago, happy times are here for investors, people with retirement accounts. I do believe the economy is rebounding.
                          ============================================

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

BPOP closed at 2.10 today. Up 41% from my recommendation. Remarkable. (SSD is up 12% in six days since my March seventh recommendation when I bought at $29.)

I'm in the wrong business.

Comment

Morgan Stanley bumps Apple stock price target to $720!

Comment

VLO has been chugging. Chevron refinery fire and the new pipelines being built is a big positive.

Comment

Working...
                                X