Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Job Photos

Allan,
    Are the cracks in the ground from the drought?
    Randy

Comment

Originally posted by swbuilder View Post
      Allan,
      Are the cracks in the ground from the drought?
      Yes. It is brutal here, I've never seen it this dry. I blame the liberals.
      ============================================

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Originally posted by Allan Edwards View Post
        I agree. I think Northups behind it!
        Randy

Comment

I think you have been hanging out with Johnson a bit to much

Comment

Yes. It is brutal here, I've never seen it this dry.
            The new normal...

After last week it is quite obvious that I do not control the weather - 2 day job outside it poured. We move inside and it is some of the nicest / warmest days of the year - sunny and about 70... Go figure.
            “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
            Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Comment

Dave,
              I'm chillin in northern Minnesota right now for a few days. . It's nice to get away from the heat for a little while. I'm right on Lake Superior.
              Randy

Comment

1/2 of AK is from MN - they said it has been cooking back there as well; hopefully it has cooled off a bit for your visit.... We were in Sault St Marie and Marquette earlier this summer was only in the 80's.

I have been away from home working most of summer; but last time I was home the old thermometer crept to 39 degrees.. I do not know how you all do the heat - not for me. We'll have snow in 6 weeks!!!!!
                “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
                Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

Comment

Originally posted by davenorthup View Post
                  1/2 of AK is from MN - they said it has been cooking back there as well; hopefully it has cooled off a bit for your visit.... We were in Sault St Marie and Marquette earlier this summer was only in the 80's.
                  My mom use to travel through the Sault locks as a kid in the summers because my grandpa was a great lakes ship captain back before the Edmund Fitzgerald sunk in 1975. I was in Duluth and got video of a 1000 footer going through the port under the lift bridge. I'll try and post it when I get back on wi-fi.
                  Randy

Comment

I was driving in an old neighborhood today and saw some small townhomes that caught my eye, and realized I built these in 1979. Here they are along with some other photos I took today from other jobs I'm working on.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122924...NOv86nznKLfPQ#

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Looks as if you have come a long way Allan. The '80 vintage homes still appear well cared for.

Tom
                      http://chicagocraftsmen.org/2011/06/261.html

Check with the AHJ, what we say doesn't matter.

Comment

Allan,
                        Is picture 19 one of those reclaimed fireplaces from Europe?
                        Randy

Comment

Allan,
                          Is picture 19 one of those reclaimed fireplaces from Europe?
                          Randy

Yes, that's an old 1th or 19th century fireplace that was bought in France and transported to the US. I added another photo of it to the album, it measures 74" tall.

Here is another web album of various antique elements I've used in my homes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122924...IKMzcSExq3hAQ#

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Allan,
                            How far along are you on the modernish spec that I walked thru or is that finished? Any pictures? Would like to see how it finished out.
                            Randy

Comment

Allan,
                              How far along are you on the modernish spec that I walked thru or is that finished? Any pictures? Would like to see how it finished out.
                              Client is making selections a bit slowly, not going as fast as I would like. We are almost finished with millwork, starting tile and stone. I will try to get you some photos.

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Allan:

You were going to try a LEED spec, are you going forward with it?
                                You will ask what goal the U.S. is pursuing? .... their external debt is huge, and ruining other countries is their customary method. Even ownership of the global 'printing press' is no longer helping. Nor is full control over NATO, None of that if enough for the 21st century colonizers. They don't just need to preserve the dollar as the only global currency but also to get their hands on the economic wealth of other large powers and regions. - Sergei Naryshkin

Comment

Working...
                                X