Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Job Photos

Randy

We use temp AC's on houses with a lot of hardwoods and a budget that will handle the 6k-7k that they cost.
    ============================================

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

{Hee hee} I use a $150 dehumidifier for a couple weeks.

Allan, are the AC units set up with extra low coil temps or slow air speeds to emphasis dehumidifying over cooling? Is a heat source used in conjunction?

Comment

Alan I didn't mean to imply that someone used your design to copy anything. Only that they are very similar in the way the interior design looks.
        Rick

http://www.hogegroup.com/

http://www.rickhoge.com/

Comment

Originally posted by johnny watt View Post
          {Hee hee} I use a $150 dehumidifier for a couple weeks.

Allan, are the AC units set up with extra low coil temps or slow air speeds to emphasis dehumidifying over cooling? Is a heat source used in conjunction?
          Johnny:

I use dehumidifiers on smaller homes, but for larger homes with a lot of high ceilings and volume we use temporary ac compressors, I own (3) 5 ton systems with heat strips. We rarely use the heat strips. These are very basic single speed units. They also keep the house comfortable to work in.

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Job photos, yesterday and today.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122924...58404719/Today

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

I am always impressed with your work Allan. Please keep the pics coming.

Comment

Originally posted by miterme View Post
                I am always impressed with your work Allan. Please keep the pics coming.
                Thanks. I am extremely busy these day, spending 12 hours a day in the field checking jobs. We have 7 houses under construction. Here is a video I made this morning on a new house, 8500 sq ft spec, we are drilling 118 piers 11' deep with 36" bells. Drilled and poured in 1 day. I have to meet City inspector and engineer and balance delivery of concrete. And it is going to be a hot day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS343...e_gdata_player

In the video are engineer, subcontractor, and my project manager.
                Last edited by Allan Edwards; 04-26-2012, 09:20 AM.

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

I would post more pictures here if the pictures you posted just appeared. It's senseless to post those tiny things and then click to enlarge. How are you supposed to explain anything like that? That picasa thing above doesn't work either.

Kowboy
                  "I want no heaven for which I must give my reason; no happiness in exchange for my liberty, and no immortality that demands the surrender of my individuality. Better rot in the windowless tomb, to which there is no door but the red mouth of the pallid worm, than wear the jeweled collar of a god."

Robert G. Ingersoll, "Individuality", 1873

Comment

Kowboy:

If Picassa doesn't work you probably don't have Flash installed.
                    You will ask what goal the U.S. is pursuing? .... their external debt is huge, and ruining other countries is their customary method. Even ownership of the global 'printing press' is no longer helping. Nor is full control over NATO, None of that if enough for the 21st century colonizers. They don't just need to preserve the dollar as the only global currency but also to get their hands on the economic wealth of other large powers and regions. - Sergei Naryshkin

Comment

Few photos on current jobs, a couple on completed homes:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122924...404719/Today02

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Hoge View Post
                        Allan

I could have sworn I saw some of those on Houzz recently. They link to my Facebook page.

Anyway it's always nice to see your work.
                        Well, I feel like a big shot! Houzz has been hounding me to put my work on their site. I'm ignoring them for certain reasons but it's good to know that my 350K budget projects are in competition with you guys...watch out Rick and Allan!
                        Portland Renovations, Inc.
                        www.portlandrenovations.com

Comment

20 Days of Construction, new start spec home. 8300 sq ft living area, 11,400 sq ft total covered area.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1122924...Ojz_qmt_KWUogE

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Allan,

That's some serious rebar, is that a helipad?

What is up with the soils? Is that typical for your area?
                            "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Comment

Originally posted by Ted S. View Post
                              Allan,

That's some serious rebar, is that a helipad?

What is up with the soils? Is that typical for your area?
                              Ted:

Engineering on these houses have just gotten over the top, I often think about the houses I built in early 70's with welded wire mesh! This house had 125 or so drilled piers with 12" shafts and 36" bells, 14' deep. The foundation required another 325 cubic yards of concrete.

Twitter

Houzz

Comment

Allan,

Is there a geotechnical report done with foundation design recommendations or is this just perscripive codes?
                                "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Comment

Working...
                                X