Suffolk County,NY Home Improvement License

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffolk County,NY Home Improvement License

Is there anyone here who can shed some light on the Suffolk County, NY (Long Island) Home Improvement License Test? I'm scheduled to take the test but I don't know how detailed it will be. For example, do I need to memorize what article 345.2 or 345.7A is? Or does it just include general questions?

Thanks for any help.

Matt

Re: Suffolk County,NY Home Improvement License

I do know there are some strange code add-ons or variations in New York.
    Why not call the licensing board and ask them what you are allowed to have with you at the test?
    Typically, no one has the codebook memorized!
    Take Care

Jim

Comment

Hey Jim,

The county sent me a 4 page document (Suffolk County Code Chapter 345) that they said I should study. It contains all basic info such as license transfer, you need to include your license number on all advertising, some contract obligations and other basic info like that.

I'm really just trying to find out if I have to memorize each individual article number or just know the basic info.

I guess I'm just being lazy!!

Thanks - Matt

Comment

Matt

Study the booklet. I took the test about 5 yrs. ago and was harder than I expected. Not much relating to construction if I remember correctly, more on the business side of things.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by jnigro
          Matt

Study the booklet. I took the test about 5 yrs. ago and was harder than I expected. Not much relating to construction if I remember correctly, more on the business side of things.

Good Luck
          dito on that
          just make sure you get Licensed
          suffolk county has sting operations to get unlicensed contractors
          Beware of the man whose belly does not shake when he laughs

Comment

Working...
          X