festool syslite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festool syslite

well here I go again self promoting.....

anyway festool sent me the syslite and I did a MyTake on the light for you fine folks to watch and make you own opinion as to weather you want one or not...

that is all..... price you ask, why? $179.00 june 1st... its bucks and we do not need anybody winning it is what is is....

http://youtu.be/6BSw3cjFRIA
    Kreg
    www.builtinking.com
    youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
    if you do not have fun every day... why?
    get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
    remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Re: festool syslite

Kreg, it took a lot of courage to post that on this forum. I commend you. $179.00 for a light is insulting, but I will buy it just bc I have so much extra loot laying around. When I heard they were coming out with a light I was hoping it would attach to the Kapex and help me out when Im finding myself in all these poorly lit garages. Eric

Comment

Nice goof on the "dropsies" action, very funny dude.
      $180.00 for that? and no battery? and it doesn't come with it's own systainer?
      I have several of those "sunburn" lamps and chucked to bulbs. They don't last worth a darn. Instead, I got some 12v powerpacks left over from walkway lights and installed auto headlamps in the housings. They work just peachy and if you want to use them with an 18v battery, they'll work too because car lamps are designed to absorb surges from alternators.
      Anyhow, with the prices of LED's coming down by the month, one can just get a 12 LED flood bulb that screws into a standard socket for about $15.00. (4 pack is $56+tax at COSTCO)

I must say, you are getting much better in front of the camera Kreg. Even if I won't drink the green koolade, I still enjoy your vids ;-)

Phil
      It's better to try and fail, than fail to try.

Comment

Festool has officially jumped the shark.
        there is ALWAYS a better way waiting to be discovered-
        yfc

Comment

Originally posted by kreg McMahon View Post
          well here I go again self promoting.....

http://youtu.be/6BSw3cjFRIA
          You Sir, are a media whore. Great job on the video Wild Man. I thought that light had angled sides that allow it to project light at different angles depending on the side it was sitting on. No? Yes?
          Chuck Kiser
          Knollwood Construction Company
          Palos Park, IL 60464

Knollwood Construction
          Kitchen Remodeling Chicago
          Bathroom Remodeling Chicago
          Building Repairs Chicago

Comment

Yes they do chuck. I had a speech note on the screen for a bit. 7 deg. 15 deg. 30 deg. Or close to that
            Kreg
            www.builtinking.com
            youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
            if you do not have fun every day... why?
            get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
            remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Comment

People posted on these a little while back, the guys over in Europe. I couldn't believe the price when I saw it. I thought it was an april fools type joke some websites post.

I cannot imagine anyone actually buying one of these and being proud of their purchase.

Comment

Phil,

It has an internal battery and will accept the 12, 15, and 18 volt batteries. If you watch the video again, you will notice the light stays on when he removes the battery.

I bought the Home Depot rechargeable LED light. After returning 2 because on a full charge they ran about a minute, had to be plugged to work. I gave up and kept the third. It cost about $60.00.

Tom
                http://chicagocraftsmen.org/2011/06/261.html

Check with the AHJ, what we say doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                X