Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Truck outfitting pics and ideas - share your pics and ideas here.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truck outfitting pics and ideas - share your pics and ideas here.

I just wrote a lengthy reply describing my truck setup on the thread http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43823.

As I did this I thought other might like to see how I set my truck up. It works well for me and I don't mind if others see it and use some of the ideas.

I thought this might be a good long term thread on how we [all] customize our trucks to make our work easier since this seems to be a recurring thread maybe we can keep it in one place.

The pics were too large to upload here so i created a Picassa album. http://picasaweb.google.com/da64099/TruckPictures

So... If you are interested - add your notes on how you outfit your truck to make your work easier and more efficient.
    Maybe it will help somebody else. In this economy any ideas to make our work more easier, efficient & profitable are always welcome.
    Last edited by Dave-A1; 07-23-2008, 02:14 AM.
    -> Dave

Re: Truck outfitting pics and ideas - share your pics and ideas here.

Dave ,
    There is a whole gallery of trucks in the Photo Gallery under Finish carpentry - trucks. Nice rig, BTW.
    SteveC
    The improbable takes time, the impossible takes a little longer.

Comment

Steve,

Thanks! I never saw that - I will take a look.

BTW: Do you ever go to Forrest Mfg? [47 river rd, clifton]
      If you are there any deals there?
      -> Dave

Comment

Got my 12" Chopmaster there. I would shop the net for deals though.
        SteveC

Comment

Here's a nice setup I came across on Ebay. It can be yours for 185K...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...3286.m14.l1308
          Greg

Comment

10 year old truck, 250K miles and they want almost 200K ? What did it cost new in 98 ? Would be slick though to pull up to a house in it for an estimate.
            Maybe throw on the Jake Brake as you pull in the driveway !
            SteveC

Comment

and hit the train horn.....;0)
              -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

dude i want it!!!
                -Sal

Handyman - Flooring - Built-Ins & Custom Carpentry - Porch Renovation

Comment

I'd get it, but I need something I can pull my dump trailer with. Too bad...
                  Your source for:
                  Decks • Deck Design • Porches • Railings • Pergolas in Bergen County New Jersey
                  Remodeling and Home Improvements in Bergen County | EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor
                  Techno Metal Post: Helical Foundation Piles in New Jersey
                  Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

One more thing, betcha the guy that owned it "oils his tool bags" too. ;)
                    SteveC

Comment

careful steve ;-)
                      -Sal

Handyman - Flooring - Built-Ins & Custom Carpentry - Porch Renovation

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Di View Post
                        I'd get it, but I need something I can pull my dump trailer with. Too bad...
                        I'd bet you could put a hitch on it...and flames on the trailer of course.
                        Drew

Comment

Originally posted by gburnet View Post
                          Here's a nice setup I came across on Ebay. It can be yours for 185K...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...3286.m14.l1308
                          Greg,

I wonder what kind of mileage it gets... Hmmm.

Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Clark View Post
                            Greg,

I wonder what kind of mileage it gets... Hmmm.

Dan.

It appears to be similar in size to a city bus, which from my understanding have their fuel efficiency measured in gallons per mile, rather than MPG. I suppose you wouldn't be constantly starting & stopping though, so maybe you'd do better.

In the end, it probably all depends on how many Systainers you load it down with, Dan.
                            Greg

Comment

On the other end of the spectrum...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Japan...3286.m14.l1308
                              Greg

Comment

Working...
                              X