Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Stair Ease Stair Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stair Ease Stair Template

I'm looking for information on a Porter-Cable STAIR-EASE Stair Template either model 5061 or 5060. This product is no longer made and I have been looking for one..... but now I just want some info from someone who might have one or used one.
    Thanks for your help.
    Richard Miller

Re: Stair Ease Stair Template

I am looking for the same thing - mine was stolen.

Comment

HEY Rusty, someone just told me about a stair template thats made by another company. Im trying to find out more information. Ill share it with you when I get company name etc...

Comment

I am glad I am not the only one looking for this tool. If anyone comes up with a supplier please drop me a note and if find one I will do the same.

Comment

Is this the template to be used with a router to cut the stringers?? I have a friend who's company just purchased two at an antique shop. He beleives it was made by Rockwell.

Comment

I am having a couple of jigs that are very similar to the "stair ease". I have one of each of the stair ease jigs, and I am improving on the design. I am wondering how much people would be willing to pay for such a product. If I get two made, then it wouldn't cost me that much more to get several made. By the way a company called Trend, out of the UK, is the only other manufacturer that i could find, after much research, that makes a similar jig. I think that it is overpriced at $300 including export to USA. Anyways, should have the jigs made in early April

Comment

if this is a heavy gauge die cast aluminun stair tread and riser gauge used with a router to form the mortises in a housed stringer which are then put in with glue and wedges it is an item we have been looking for. years ago i believe either porter cable or stanley made this wonderful jig. anyone with info where one is available or a comparable model please let us know. thanks

Comment

Bill,

Keep me informed. I want to pay as little as possible, but if you improved the design and it is accurate and rugged you probably have my money

Comment

I have a Rockwell model ust stair template in my possesion. It was manfactured in 1964 by rockwell manfacturing company. It is used with a router. I even have the instruction sheet with it. Like new hardly used. Interested parties reply to my E-mail with your information. I can send you pictures as well. Serious inquiries only.

Comment

Looking for a stair ease template made by Porter Cable - our's got stolen or lost on the job site.
                    We will pay $300 or a $50. finder fee. Model we are looking for: Model 5060.

Comment

Any one in the portland oregon. or sw Washington area looking for routed stringers let me know. I can router any tread up to 1 1/2 inches thick. I have one of only a few Ruvo double stair router. It takes the machine about 10 minutes to router a 16 riser staircase. My business number is 360 573 2067

Comment

The staircase housing jig made by Trend can be checked out at www.trendmachinery.co.uk

I made my own out of MDF it works find.

Comment

Looking for simple stair chair lift for our churck.
                          Only about 4' elevation.

Comment

If anyone has or knows someone with a Rockwell stair template for sale please let me know! Thanks.

Comment

is the trend staircase jig set up for glue and wedge housed mortises for 1" hardwood treads

Comment

Working...
                              X