Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expanded polystyrene building materials: Are they really Green products?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanded polystyrene building materials: Are they really Green products?

Hi, everyone I am new to this community. I am Boris.
    I checked some discussions on this site and found useful discussions about the industry. Hope I can learn and share and stay updated about the industrial trends.

Last day I read a paper regarding the Expanded polystyrene (EPS, styrofoam) based products are a type of green materials. what do you guys think? I am working for a company in GCC and they widely use this product for complete building insulation(from floor to roof they use it)

Thanks and regards
    BD :D

I found two products EPS and XPS both are two types of Styrofoam and one of them is used for constructing green buildings.

Comment

Found this from NPPF, a Styrofoam manufacturing company in UAE. It seems that EPS is 100% recyclable and is a green material by that means. What I conceived is that Styrofoams is biodegradable and is environment-friendly material.
      This article says that Expanded polystyrene foams are eco-friendly. Does anyone know about the XPS materials? :eek::eek:
      Last edited by boris dave; 04-08-2017, 12:08 AM.

Comment

NO. They are full of the toxic fire retardant hexabromocyclododecane, or HBDC.

Comment

Working...
        X