Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Working Lead-Safe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Lead-Safe

Found this article written by Tom O'Brien very informative http://www.jlconline.com/business/em...ng-lead-safe_o
    Gary

Interesting, and now this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58EMd_N7_ew
    www.train2rebuild.com
    Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by LIHR50 View Post
      Found this article written by Tom O'Brien very informative http://www.jlconline.com/business/em...ng-lead-safe_o
      I liked his article, my only disagreement was about whether it is easier to breath through a half mask vs. a disposable - small point.
      Jason Laws
      Plain In Maine
      Amity, Maine
      plaininmaine.houzz.com

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

Jason we use half face with the 3M 2091 or 97's Breathing is easy and sure beats the disposable because they get all sweaty and become very hard to breath through when wet.

We just finished a job and did our best to follow RRP. I'm well aware a half mask is required to be fitted to ensure proper fit but who the hell does that along with a medical check up. That's why it's nearly impossible to abide by the rules 100%. Besides I know how to fit a gas mask and it's no different than fitting a dust mask.
        Gary

Comment

Originally posted by LIHR50 View Post
          Jason we use half face with the 3M 2091 or 97's Breathing is easy and sure beats the disposable because they get all sweaty and become very hard to breath through when wet.

We just finished a job and did our best to follow RRP. I'm well aware a half mask is required to be fitted to ensure proper fit but who the hell does that along with a medical check up. That's why it's nearly impossible to abide by the rules 100%. Besides I know how to fit a gas mask and it's no different than fitting a dust mask.
          I am exempt from doing everything OSHA says because I have no employees, but I don't agree with going around what you are supposed to do; I try to follow what they say but I would be doing things differently if I had employees. If your lungs can't handle the added strain of wearing a respirator, you can be in trouble. And I am not saying that you don't know how to fit a mask but if you have someone working for you and it doesn't fit, their health is in your hands. For me, it is in my own hands.

But I do agree that half masks are much easier to breath through, almost like not having one on. I really like my 3M 7500 Series - easy to use and clean. My only problem was when I would wear it for 10 hours at a time that the bridge of my nose looked like a tomato and was sore, but those were long days.
          Jason Laws
          Plain In Maine
          Amity, Maine
          plaininmaine.houzz.com

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

Working...
          X