Marketing Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing Ideas

Question, if as an owner of a building co. you were to move to a new market, how would you spend your marketing dollars and energy to get new clients? Reason being, I recently moved to a new area. Worked previously as a Director of Construction and Operations. Do not desire to go back to work for another organization. Have set up my co. to build a couple of infill spec homes. However, the risk is high based on attaining a buyer. I would like to mitigate the risk by acquiring and attain custom home clients and light commercial owners. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Re: Marketing Ideas

Find the best Realtor in that area!

Comment

Re: Marketing Ideas

I never realized how powerful word of mouth was until experiencing it. My recommendation would be to network. Adds cost money and give you presence, but one customer will get you the next.

By the way, I'd just go build spec homes. The market is getting good, if you're going to do it, do it now.
      "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Comment

Thanks for share the information!!!
        http://www.thinkfencing.com.au

Comment

The internet is really a great choice for any advertising. Get your business out there and I hope you get the best results!

Comment

If you are a business owner probably you may face many challenges in your business. to manage this challenges and improve your business performance, you can hire a CFO. If you are looking for an experienced CFO visit: http://www.cfosondemand.com.au/

Comment

Originally posted by CFOs on Demand View Post
              If you are a business owner probably you may face many challenges in your business. to manage this challenges and improve your business performance, you can hire a CFO. If you are looking for an experienced CFO visit: http://www.cfosondemand.com.au/
              A shameless ad.

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

I need a CFO like I need a hole in the head.
                "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Comment

I don't even know what a CFO is......

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

We've had some pretty good results with Facebook, Linked In, and Google Ads. But by far, word of mouth is always the way to go. When you complete a job for a client, have them refer you to 2-3 other people who may be able to use your services and leave a review online.

Comment

New guy here and going through this now as I just left a business to start my own. Word of mouth is tough for the moment.

Anyway, the guy who built my website is also a SEO guy who's trying to get me to the top of the list in searches for my area.

Part of his sales pitch was not to invest so much in the website and marketing right off of the bat, but write a bunch of stuff for the site and then let him do his part to get it ranked at the top of local searches. Website was published 2 weeks ago, started on like page 5 and I'm in and out of page 1 already.

I would think page 5 to 2 is easy but I dunno how long it'll take to get to the top of page 1. I guess wait and see if waiting was smart or not... or if I end up having to run ads anyway.

If you do decided to do marketing ads, I'm interested in what it does to your website listing, how many REAL customers you get, and which company you end up using. YellowPages almost yelled at me over the phone on why I should use theirs the other day. They are all just so aggressive to get your business... almost to the point of over promising to deliver. It just sounds too good to be true.
                      Last edited by FrederickPorches; 08-08-2016, 02:54 PM.
                      http://www.FrederickPorches.com

Comment

It's a combination of on and off line marketing. Don't be afraid to print out business cards, flyer's, etc., and go door to door in key neighborhoods. There are simple small services you can offer such as installing Christmas lights that will get you shaking hands and it's a nice side job to keep your employees busy during the slow times.

Online is king still though, it's what people go to first when they are looking for a contractor so getting the word out there is a lot of work, but if you have a decent web designer and marketer "me", then it's pretty hands off for you on that end, still though, you will want to beef up your content at the web site to keep your hold and listings on top.

I just built a straight forward web site for a local contractor, it's at http://usaroofinganddoors.com they cover mainly the SW Washington state area so a bit easier to get noticed rather then going national.

Be sure to give back to the local community on the way, free estimates, giving them the scoop on what they need, not just what you want to sell them and don't overload them with too much technical jargon.

Comment

Constantly expand in customer acquisition. Building the pipline of having a large customer base is a must. I dont care if everyone of your customers you have had has give you 6/5 starts and they tip you 50% everytime. If you cant get more customers then you will stop expanding. Go out and market. Best way in todays age is the internet and youre obviously okay with it being that youre using this forum. This is your business and you decide whether or not you want to have a few really happy customers or a massive amount of really satisfied customers with very few that didnt get exactly what they wanted (You cant satisfy everyone)

Comment

World of mouth is the best. Also, do online and offline advertisement campaigns.

Comment

Working...
                            X