switch location for garbage disposal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: switch location for garbage disposal

From reading this forum, I have known of Allan's preference for using plug strip mold under the cabinets for years. I have never tried it because they appear to be a nuisance for the user. I looked at it as a challenge to try to integrate receptacles into a tile pattern on the backslash. But since I have a lot of faith in Allan, I am going to change my mind, and will no longer judge them until I try them myself.

Comment

Originally posted by johnny watt View Post
      From reading this forum, I have known of Allan's preference for using plug strip mold under the cabinets for years. I have never tried it because they appear to be a nuisance for the user. I looked at it as a challenge to try to integrate receptacles into a tile pattern on the backslash. But since I have a lot of faith in Allan, I am going to change my mind, and will no longer judge them until I try them myself.
      Johnny:

We were putting them up there for years but have stopped in most cases now, I tell customers the advantages and disadvantages and let them decide, the biggest disadvantage is having the wires hanging down, the advantage is not having to lay out the outlets/switches in tile. I don't usually use stone on backsplashes because it can overpower kitchens, and I prefer the patterns of tile, in many cases I have the tile setter cut up scraps of the stone and embed it in patterns in tile splashes to tie the two together. I've even cut up liner bars out of the counter stone and run it up from the counter around the entire backsplash like they used liner bars in the old days, in my current house I cut 4x4 diamonds of the stone and rotated them in the 3x3 porcelain tile backsplash.

With tile splashes you have to lay out the plug locations in the backsplashes long before the tile setter makes an appearance on the site to make sure the plugs fall squarely within a tile, otherwise it looks terrible. With full stone splashes it isn't a problem. In the last home I built we planned a stone tile backsplash so I went through all the work to lay out the rough electrical, the owner wanted nothing to do with plug strips. After about 6 months of waiting for containers of limestone from France we found the small stone for the backsplash was bad, the tile setter had a man work for days stoning edges and sorting out usable tile but in the end we gave up and installed full limestone backsplashes, so all that layout work I did was in vain.

We have been installing air switches for so long I thought it was code, when this thread came up I researched the code and it is not there, it's just something that everybody here has been doing for years.
      “President Obama doing well. His approval rating is at 51%.--- The other 49% are taxpayers.” Jay Leno

Comment

I have yet to hear a client say the air switch was hard to get used to or that they preferred a regular wall switch. If someone wants as little electrical clutter as possible I have been on a job where the solution was to mount a normal switch on a drawer front tipout.

I have to add that custom building from my view has to be focused on and around the client and not something that magically falls from the ars of the architect or builder. I question anyone who says they have the one best way that works for everyone. When I've designed a custom kitchen for a dedicated cook it's completely different than something made to simply look good and show off the tile and stone work.

Comment

Everything goes fine in your home till that someday you run the rubbish disposal and zilch happens. You flick the switch in disbelief, however there's nothing happening. this can be a standard drawback and if it happens to you, don't feel unhealthy. several plumbers within the space see this as typically as they see leaky pipes. check out the best garbage disposal reviews here :
          Looking for the best garbage disposal for your kitchen.This guide reviews top 5 garbage disposal with full specification.Which help you to choose the best one!

Comment

Everything goes fine in your home till that someday you run the rubbish disposal and zilch happens. You flick the switch in disbelief, however there's nothing happening. this can be a standard drawback and if it happens to you, don't feel unhealthy. several plumbers within the l. a. space see this as typically as they see leaky pipes. check out the best garbage disposal reviews here :
            Looking for the best garbage disposal for your kitchen.This guide reviews top 5 garbage disposal with full specification.Which help you to choose the best one!

Comment

Working...
            X