No announcement yet.

What is your favorite electrician joke?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite electrician joke?

We all been around the block a time or two and had pot shots taken at us. Let hear them

Q: What do you call a electrician who tries to be a carpenter?
    A: A lousy carpenter

Q: What do yoy call a carpenter who tries to be an electrican?
    A: A dead carpenter

Q: What do you call a electrician with a hammer?
    A: Thief

Q: What is another name for an apprentice?
    A: Shock absorber
    sparkyinak

"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from poor judgment."
    -unknown

Re: What is your favorite electrician joke?

Plumber's on his knees inside a sink base cabinet, hooking up the faucet. Electrician shows up at the job and brings his tools into the kitchen.

Plumber: "You the electrician?"

Sparky: "Yeah, that's me."

Plumber: "Good, can you get these shorts outta my ass?"
    Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
    Website - Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by sparkyinak View Post
      Q: What do you call a electrician with a hammer?
      A: Thief
      This is not a joke:

Couple of years ago I'm doing a basement. Sparky shows up to do the rough (install a bunch of boxes and string Romex). He brings in his suff from the truck, then there is a long hushed conversation between him and his helper. Finally he sends the helper to ask me if they could borrow a hammer.

I go sure, here is one. They set about their work and I'm doing something else, but I keep hearing these strange pounding noises. I go over and they're nailing the boxes to the studs with Romex staples!

They were too embarrassed to tell me they didn't bring hammers OR nails.

dg

Comment

Originally posted by dgbldr
        I go over and they're nailing the boxes to the studs with Romex staples!
        Just for the record, the mounting holes in the straps of metal nail-on boxes are set up so that you can use rx staples to mount them. Plastic nail-on boxes come with the nails (obviously). BTW, I'm not sure I would have lent them a hammer. There's a lessen to be learned here. No tools - no work. Lineman's pliers work just as well for rx staples. Just curious, did you get your hammer back ?
        Last edited by goldstar; 07-08-2007, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I don't know any electrician jokes. We make jokes about OTHER trades (what do they call a painter with an IQ of 75?.................................."boss").

But there is some electrical humor around. Did anyone see the movie "Down Periscope"? I have fairly low tastes and that movie cracks me up. But in it is an electrician/radioman who's taken a bit too much voltage in his days and he is a funny character......he completes circuits through his body, and in one scene gets them out of trouble by imitating the songs of a humpback whale.

Great stuff.

Ed

Comment

How many finish carpenters does it take to screw in a lightbulb?........................................ .............................................

We're so busy sweeping up the electrician's empty boxes, extra screws from fixtures, and wire scraps that we don't have time to be screwin' around with lightbulbs.
            Mark

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say, "If I had a dollar for every time....", I'd be a rich man.

Comment

Lightbulb jokes?

How many border collies does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two: one to screw in the bulb while the other is busy rewiring the house.

My dog is a border collie and I bring her with me a lot. While it's true she's really smart she still gets confused about 3-way switching.

Ed
              Last edited by edlee120; 07-08-2007, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Still one of my favorites:

http://forums.jlconline.com/forums/s...534#post289534
                Richie Poor

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, value engineer your unit prices.

Comment

Too funny!

Q: How tall is a union electrican?
                  A: Do not know I never saw one stand up.

Q: How can you tell if a union electriclan is dead?
                  A: The doughnut will roll out his hand.

Got this on a T-shirt:
                  Q: How many electricians does it take to change a light bulb?
                  A: Just one but then he will re-wire it to bring it up to code.
                  sparkyinak

-unknown

Comment

I bet I can guess what our least favorite electrician joke is.

Comment

Originally posted by Overbuilders View Post
                      Still one of my favorites:
                      That problem could be solved by a marijuana suppository.
                      Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
                      Website - Facebook

Comment

Tainting the Family Tree
                        The Smith's were proud of their family tradition. Their ancestors had come to America on the Mayflower. They had included Senators and Wall Street wizards.

They decided to compile a family history, a legacy for their children and grandchildren. They hired a fine author. Only one problem arose - how to handle that great-uncle George, who was executed in the electric chair.

The author said he could handle the story tactfully.

The book appeared. It said "Great-uncle George occupied a chair of applied electronics at an important government institution, was attached to his position by the strongest of ties, and his death came as a great shock."

__________________________________________________ ______

A chemist, a biologist and an electrical engineer were on death row waiting to go in the electric chair.
                        The chemist was brought forward first. "Do you have anything you want to say?" asked the executioner, strapping him in. "No," replied the chemist. The executioner flicked the switch and nothing happened. Under this particular State's law, if an execution attempt fails, the prisoner is to be released, so the chemist was released.

Then the biologist was brought forward. "Do you have anything you want to say?" "No, just get on with it." The executioner flicked the switch, and again nothing happened, so the biologist was released.

Then the electrical engineer was brought forward. "Do you have anything you want to say?" asked the executioner. "Yes," replied the engineer. "If you swap the red and the blue wires over, you might make this thing work."
                        Seeking to be the best and the safest in the electrical trade.

Comment

Mike when I searched google for "electric joke" I found this you tube funnier than the ones you pulled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk_3Ti76lWc

I just think it's funny watching the dude eat the banana...
                          Louisville Exteriors

Comment

Found this one on "Joke of the day" post #15. It's my favorite. Thanks Paul.

What do you do when there is an Electrician staggering around in your back yard?

First, stop giggling.

Second, shoot him again.

wtf/Paul
                            Mark

If I had a dollar for every time I heard someone say, "If I had a dollar for every time....", I'd be a rich man.

Comment

Was it a electrician? I heard it was a carpentner.

Q: How can you tell when you are getting shocked by AC or DC:
                              A: With AC, your teeth will chatter 60 times a second, with DC you just bite down.
                              sparkyinak

-unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X