Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Pressure Do You Run Your Framing Guns?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Pressure Do You Run Your Framing Guns?

Just curious and looking for background info.

What pressure do you run your framing guns?
    What guns are you running?
    Do you find that you have to adjust the pressure when you go from framing to nailing sheathing?

I'm looking for some comments to get an idea of how an avg framer (although none of us are avg right?) runs their rigs.

Any and all info/insight welcome.
    www.Pioneerbuildersonline.com
    http://instagram.com/awesomeframers
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Raftercutter

Re: What Pressure Do You Run Your Framing Guns?

I set our compressors to kick out at 130psi.
    There could be as many as 12 guns running off it so the pressure at the gun is anyones guess.
    Never had to adjust for different guns or jobs.
    12 Hours is only 1/2 a day

Comment

I run everything between 110 psi and 120 psi.

I use:

Hitachi NR83A
      Max 890 Coil
      Bostitch MC250
      Hitachi NV75AG

We use the Hitachi NV75AG for sheathing and decking. We just adjust the depth of drive for each task.

Brian

Comment

110-120 PSI for framing, 80-90 PSI for sheathing. I frame solo, sporadic, and at times, spasmodic.

Edit/Add:

Hitachi NR83A Framer
        Hitachi NR65AK PP
        Senco SNS40 Stapler
        Last edited by Overbuilders; 08-26-2008, 09:38 PM.
        Richie Poor

See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil, value engineer your unit prices.

Comment

Sounds like maybe you are trying to adjust pressure to adjust nail depth. Does not work very well, but I still do it once in a while, just to practice my cussing, otherwise I allways keep the pressure to the max.

Ray D

Comment

half the time, the pressure regulators get stuck and dont turn.
            i usually just adjust the tip on the gun.

Comment

wide open on our twin tank rol air. about 130 lbs outfeed. by the time it runs through a 3/8 main feeder and 100 to150 ft of 1/4 it is probably running 100 to 105 lbs. keep threatening to install an old pancake in line to help with line static pressure during sheathing, but it does well under most circumstances. wintertime is bad with moisture freezing in the lines and guns. heet works well, though it is probably a little harsh on the o rings and such. so many of our guns any more are throw away guns, they arent very good at the rebuild time any way. paslode, hitachi, and ridgid on framing, senco, hitachi and paslode on trim work.

Comment

WFO

porter-cable trimmers, hitachi framer.

Comment

High as it will go for framing. Just grab the gun with the loosest o-rings for sheathing. How's that for high-tech?

Tom
                  1) Unconsciously Incompetent: He knows not, and knows not that he knows not. He is a fool. Shun him.
                  2) Consciously Incompetent: He knows not, and knows that he knows not. He is simple. Teach him.
                  3) Unconsciously Competent: He knows, and knows not that he knows. He is asleep. Wake him.
                  4) Consciously Competent: He knows, and knows that he knows. He is wise. Follow him.

May we all endeavor to progress from not knowing that we know not, to knowing that we know.

Comment

i mostly frame basements, decks plus the occasional addition and reframe of a wall or two.

90-100 psi at all times and adjust depth at the gun. i use a ~5 year old PC FR350A framer.

as for trim guns i have a mixture... hitachi, PC, Bostitch.

i guess i am not a true "framer" but thought i would add my 2 cents ;-)
                    -Sal

Handyman - Flooring - Built-Ins & Custom Carpentry - Porch Renovation

Comment

Just curious but how many on here have read the manuals that came with your nailers? Seems some a lot voided their warranties if my memory serves me correctly. lol
                      It is a simple matter of being patient. I do patience very well, except for the waiting part. That's the one aspect of patience that still bites me.

I'm not saying I'm Superman. What I'm saying is no one has ever seen me and Superman in the same room together.

ParkWest Homes LLC
                      Working Man Online Store
                      Living Healthy

Comment

Originally posted by parkwest View Post
                        Just curious but how many on here have read the manuals that came with your nailers? Seems some a lot voided their warranties if my memory serves me correctly. lol
                        never filled a warranty card out. we just rebuild the guns ourselves until nothing left to work with. then they sit on the shelf at the shop.one day ill have to have a huge garbage sale.(garage). i look at the worn out tools laying around and it helps me to realize why my knees, wrists, back etc., hurt all of the time. the best feel good pain in the world though. those tools helped put my four kids through our lutheran school and paid for our home and fed us.

Comment

120 psi

Hitachi NR90AC3 16d Shorts HDG (3 1/4" x .131 ga.) - framing
                          Mike Morrison
                          WallMaxx, Inc.

Think it. Draw it. Build it.

Comment

Anywhere from 90 to 110. Don't adjust for sheating.
                            Keith

Comment

We use gas wheel barrel compressors that max out at 120. We leave them all at 120 and adjust depth of drive on the guns if need be. We use Hitachi NV83's for framing and sheathing. We don't do much siding or trim.
                              Rob
                              O'Brien and Sons Construction
                              Swansboro NC

Comment

Working...
                              X