Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

Custom cut router bits.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom cut router bits.

I have a couple pieces of oddly shaped moulding that I need to duplicate. I need to get a couple custom bits ran. I have never ordered custom bits before. Are there any companies that you guys could recommend?

Re: Custom cut router bits. I have used this company with great success. They have even made bits with tapered guide bearings for a few wierd applications I have done.
    "ALS IK KAN" - Stickley

Re: Custom cut router bits.

In my experience there are two methods of dealing with the situation you are in

The first is sourcing a router cutter manufacturer who will make you a full custom cutter..... the expensive option

The second is to be cute. About 8-10 weeks ago I was asked to produce a one piece base moulding that had a finished size of 32x230 mm (approx 1-1/4 x 9 inch).

The requirement was for 6 metres (20 foot) and was wanted in 3 days FLAT, so a custom cutter was out! both on time and cost

So I sourced a standard 6 inch one piece moulding... ripped the top off and added a top piece and a face piece of 12mm MDF to the bottom section

I added a "cove" to the top edge of the MDF and glued and pinned the three pieces together with glue and 23 guage pins

as the French say "Voila!" as I say, "job jobbed"

hope this helps
      Limey Carpenter

Re: Custom cut router bits.

I can not help with a custom cutter as I have never bought one, but I have several times made custom profiles or rather duplicated them. I use what I call the new school old school method of using the bits I have and make it work if you look at the molding and just cut 1 profile at a time it can be done it is the same way most of it was done when they used hand planes. It does take a little longer to do it this way as opposed to one pass but if you only need a few pieces it is very cost and time effective method.
        Tom D.

more tools please.