Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

Anyone work in Santa Cruz?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work in Santa Cruz?

I've got a long time customer that is in the process of buying an existing house in Santa Cruz (Ca.) and is looking for a finish carpenter to do some modifications to the interior trim. Change doors, add crown, maybe add some other trim, build a couple of built-ins etc.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I will pass your name along. Not sure of the exact timing - just sometime in the next year.

Re: Anyone work in Santa Cruz?

Catspaw you should go do the job in the fall its real nice there an vacation time added and all travel a most lodging is deductible... the back way up the hill by way of hwy9 an 35 to frisco is worth the trip.

Actually she did ask me if I wanted to take a road trip and do it myself. But I here that they have pesky things like licences and codes and inspectors that we don't have in Vermont. So I'd have to do the job under the table and then I couldn't claim my expenses!

Rich for interior trim there would be no need for inspections / permits; but you would have to get a CA license and that is pretty much a huge hassle.

I do not live there anymore; but there are plenty of decent contractors there that pay attention to detail and work with in the historical context of the house. Just have her do the usual - and have her specifically look at past similar jobs done. I do not have a specific recommendation.

Just warn her that if the swell is right - no work will be done that day. :)
        “Racism is man's gravest threat to man - the maximum of hatred for a minimum of reason.”
        Abraham J. Heschel (Jewish theologian and philosopher, 1907-1972)

I'm up for that. I sent you an e-mail.