Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Tajima Tape Measure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tajima Tape Measure

So I have had a problem with new Stanley Fat Max 16' tapes not reading the same when I but to, or hook onto. I bough 4 of them and I was a full 1/16 long or short when butting my tape into a cabinet or wall, then hooking onto my work piece.

A couple weeks ago I had, had enough and so I ordered two of the Tajima 16' tapes that I saw Gary Katz using.

I have had wonderful luck with my cuts since then. I feel like I am actually a carpenter again now that I don't have to cut ever piece two or three times.

Re: Tajima Tape Measure

been using them for about a year now and they are the best tapes i've ever used. Case's are very well made and will outlast the tape - which is a bummer because i contacted Tajima inquiring about a replacement tape and their response was they don't offer one !!!! not happy about that at all- but they got me hooked (pun intended) so until something better comes along i'm not using a different brand of tape measure.

M Smith

Comment

I have the 30' and the 16' and love them both... the marking still wear off the first 12" like any other tape after a while.
      David Tuttle

Comment

Yep great tapes the new red ones I have 3 of the 16 and 1 25'
        Kreg
        www.builtinking.com
        youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
        if you do not have fun every day... why?
        get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
        remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Comment

I worked with a guy that had one last year- looked pretty cool it had thirty-seconds up to one foot.
          If you do what you always did, you are going to get what you always got.

Comment

Funny i just goet thees tapes as well 2 weks ago. Yeah they are awesome! Fast cap lefty/righty tapes are cool too!
            Jesse Wright
            www.archmolding.net
            www.jessewrightdesign.com
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Archit...27731683955342

Comment

Doesn't Tajima make some really good chalk lines? I think there was a JLC article on them several years ago.
              "First we finish the game, then we’ll deal with the Armada!"

Sir Frances Drake

Comment

Tajima 16' 1" tapes are really incredible. I just love how small and light they are and wonder why I used a 25 and then 30' tape for so many years. I no it's not true that the older you get the smarter you get (I know for a fact that the older you get the more time you spend looking for your car keys!), but the older you get, the less weight you want to carry, that's for sure.

Tajima makes the best chalk boxes I've ever used, too. I like the fine-line one for finish work--the line is extremely thin. The ink boxes are very cool, too, but I just never got used to the idea of ink....

Gary

Comment

I got an ink box years ago when we had to lay out a bunch of walls on top of Warmboard - it's painted aluminum and chalk obviously didn't stick. Very nice line. Also have their chalkline and it is a very nice, thin line. I agree on the tapes as well, although I wish the tape itself were a little more rugged.

Comment

Count me in as a Tajima fan, been using the tapes for a couple of years. I like when you drop the case the tip is protected (a flaw in so many other tapes). I wish the blade were a little thicker I've retired a few that have gotten a twist in them. I've only bought 25's think I need to try a 16'.

I also love the red handled snap blade utility knife, super sharp, adjustable blade length. It's the best thing I've found for EPS.

And lastly they make a great plumb bob with a frame that has a pin and a magnet. Awesome for hanging doors.

Comment

And don't forget their caulking gun, it's pretty sweet too.
                      David Tuttle

Comment

OK,
                        It just happens to be that I'm working on a project and my Stanley FaxMax 16 footer has been driving me nuts. I'm doing finish work on the second floor, my cut station is outside under a carport...you see where this is going??!??! When I measure and its just a little too long and I have to trim a 1/32nd I have a long walk down the stairs, etc. I have known my tape has its limitations, but usually I don't have to walk a mile as a penalty. So, I just ordered some Tajima tapes and chalk boxes too!! They better be good as I'm getting crabby!!!

Don
                        I started out with nothing. I still have most of it left.

Comment

Don, make sure you order the Tajima chalk, too.

It's finer than Irwin chalk and works better with the finer string.
                          Your source for:
                          Decks • Deck Design • Porches • Railings • Pergolas in Bergen County New Jersey
                          Remodeling and Home Improvements in Bergen County | EPA Approved Lead-Safe Contractor
                          Techno Metal Post: Helical Foundation Piles in New Jersey
                          Follow us on: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Comment

I've got one of these.
                            http://www.amazon.com/Tajima-CR101S-...984247&sr=8-41
                            Looks like a "mistake" price, if you ask me.
                            Can't go wrong for $5.
                            SteveC
                            The improbable takes time, the impossible takes a little longer.

Comment

I use the ink line a lot and every time I break it out there's always somebody that hasn't seen it. I really like it and after reading this thread I'll have to order a chalk and tape too. I just checked my 16' FM extreme and it's off. grrrr
                              -Dennis

Can someone PLEASE invent a sarcasm font!

Comment

Working...
                              X