Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Mid Atlantic Roadshows next week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mid Atlantic Roadshows next week

Next week I'll be doing three shows--one at Siewers Lumber in Richmond,VA; one for Marvic Lumber at Horsham, PA; and one for Loudoun Lumber near Leesburg, VA. The Marvic event should be a lot of fun. Mike and I will be doing part of that day together. Mike will be back to the Mid Atlantic next month, too. If any of you come to those events, PLEASE come and say hey!
    Gary

Re: Mid Atlantic Roadshows next week

I'll be at the Richmind event. I am really looking forward to it.
    Tom
    saw dust man

Comment

Tom,
      Be sure to come up and say hello.
      Gary

Comment

What day is the Marvic event? Id love to come check it out.
        www.jacksonbuiltcustoms.com

Custom Carpentry, Woodworking, and Remodeling Contractor
        Bucks County Pa.
        Serving Newtown, Upper Makefield, Yardley, New Hope, Solebury

Comment

Nevermind i found it on your site.

Bucks County Pa.

Comment

i am driving down from Maryland to the event at Loudon Lumber, I took the day off and am looking forward to it.

Comment

Gary,

I signed up for 2 seats for the show tomorrow and never received confirmation of any kind. I was wandering if there was any way of checking whether or not we got them.

Bucks County Pa.

Comment

Originally posted by bjackson3 View Post
                Gary,

I signed up for 2 seats for the show tomorrow and never received confirmation of any kind. I was wandering if there was any way of checking whether or not we got them.
                I was wondering that myself.

Comment

I'll be at the Purcellville roadshow at Loudon Lumber, really looking forward to it.

Comment

There is ALWAYS room. Don't worry about confirmation! You'll always get into a show if you show up. It's just that we need to keep a tight hand on reservations and confirmations so that we have enough lunches and not too many. If anyone ever tries to keep one of you out of a Roadshow, just scream out my name.

Ray, be sure to come and say hi tomorrow! It's going to be a small crowd and should be a fun show. For anyone who missed the 'show' I put on at Siewers, where I tried to hang myself with the dust collection hose on my Festool plane...too bad! You won't see that again. The guys in the front row were really swell and figured out a great and stupidly simple way to solve the hose problem. Funny that I couldn't figure it out myself...I mean, wouldn't you think that standing in front of 200 people and planing a door to fit some screwy opening, you'd be able to figure out some problem with a hose that's choking you?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Katz View Post
                      ...... Funny that I couldn't figure it out myself...I mean, wouldn't you think that standing in front of 200 people and planing a door to fit some screwy opening, you'd be able to figure out some problem with a hose that's choking you?

Gary
                      What ? No link to You Tube ?

;-)
                      Chuck

Comment

I went to the show in Purcellville today, it was great. I left encouraged about increasing my own efficiency and systems, Gary had some good tips and just watching someone else's teaching style(one that's actually good) has me inspired to try teaching my guys some more things.

Gary has some great tips for making yourself more efficient, I know how to do crown, doors, and pediments..but I can sure do them better by improving my planning.

Not that a million people weren't bugging you Gary but I was the younger guy who asked about 2P-10 on pre-finished trim and about what brand of door jack you were using.

Comment

Attended the same show today at Purcellville, interesting to finally see and hear you guys in person. Had a nice time, really liked the talk on wood moisture and movement, and the part about wrapping the interior post with house wrap to prevent your column from absorbing it's moisture, although we pretty much have gone to all pvc stuff on exterior work.

Still not sold on that coping foot though...smile

Roger
                          Roger
                          http://www.mitrecontracting.com
                          TOLERANCE is the virtue of a man without convictions
                          -G.K. Chesterton

Comment

I sure enjoyed meeting all of you guys this week! It's been a long one with some big shows (over 300 at Marvic). But the small show at Loudoun lumber yesterday was really nice and I'm so relieved to have learned from the guys at the Siewer's show how to position the vacuum so the hose doesn't strangle me. (Jesse, you know, there was a guy from the FOG forum shooting video at the Siewers show! he might have gotten shots of that scene. I'll ask him! It should be a hoot).

It's nice to meet people from this forum on the road and share techniques we've all learned while working on our own, alone. That's one of the great things about the internet, and one of the really great things about doing the shows.

And don't worry about not being sold on the coping foot...it took me five years to 'accept' it. Carpenters don't change their techniques easily. It takes too much work to learn how to do what we do. We don't let go of what we taught ourselves without a good struggle.
                            Gary

Comment

Jesse,

I am that guy from over at the FOG. I will go thru the camera and see if I got either some video or some stills and will let you guy know where I post it.

This week has been chaotic.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X