Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

Convert old door knobs to work with new

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert old door knobs to work with new

I have a client that wants to use old fashioned mortise style door knobs in an 8 year old house. Does anyone sell a kit to convert the square shank knobs designed for a mortise lock to work with the standard half-moon locksets that are used today. The client does not want to replace all the interior doors with wood slabs that could be mortised, hence the need for a work around.

"American political opportunities are heavily loaded against those who are simultaneously intelligent and honest" --Richard Dawkins

Re: Convert old door knobs to work with new

Look at Baldwin or Emtek, they have "new" old style knobs with modern thru bore locksets. By halfmoon, I presume they are Quikset and not worth the effort to modify. You are also going to have to modify the rosette.
    Last edited by SteveC; 05-26-2009, 09:03 AM.
    The improbable takes time, the impossible takes a little longer.

If you are wanting to reuse the old knobs with a new non-mortise latch common Schlage f series [I believe] should accommodate but you should verify several of the restoration hardware places carry them as well as most decent hardware/locksmiths.
      “I find the curiosity of our men with respect to this animal is pretty much satisfied.”
      ~ Meriwether Lewis

We use and recommend Emtek. They are very cool.

But if you want the real deal, and have the $$$ these are what you want..

Ive only installed a few of them...and they are amazing!
        Jesse Wright