Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Fixing Melamine Chips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixing Melamine Chips

Looking for a product to fix some chipping in melamine cuts at FF edge. Is there a product or products?

Also, what to do when a pocket screw or confirmat pushes out the top of the melamine and create a visible crease? I'm already assembled, can't recut. What do I do?

Thanks for your feedback?

Re: Fixing Melamine Chips

Melamine is brutally unforgiving. You can try using a product called Seamfil to touch up small chips at the banded edges, but it's a losing battle.
    Bailer Hill Construction, Inc. - Friday Harbor, WA
    Website - Facebook

Comment

The melamine chips are a tough one. You can get some paint matched to color and sheen then use an artists brush to touch up. It's not 100% but it keeps the eye away from it.

As for the blowouts the best thing I can advise is to get yourself one Zentrix jig #2 on the PDF below. It fits on a metabo 1/4" drill. You can get the drill for 1/2 price that Hafela sells it
      Attached Files

Comment

We get a painter to body putty fill and sand and then color match repaint chips/popouts if its less expensive than a whole new cabinet.

Comment

There are color -matched crayons available...use a lighter(quickly) to blend the wax to the veneer.
          If you do what you always did, you are going to get what you always got.

Comment

Working...
          X