Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Help me think of a business name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help me think of a business name

dancin dan,

you slogan is good, however, when I hear it I think why only a little bit of quality? why not all of is quality.

as far as the other 2, lol

kreg
    Kreg
    www.builtinking.com
    youtube channel: builtinsbykreg
    if you do not have fun every day... why?
    get up.... get out there..... get going ! rocking all day long
    remember to give out 10 business cards a day !

Comment

You're a clever one, Kreg.

Comment

I agree with Kreg, Dan. Not a very inspiring slogan. You for real?

Comment

Originally posted by kreg McMahon
          No, the big checks goes to his wife!!!!
          Humor Kreg strikes again.

I don't have to worry about that just yet, I'm young no wife. As tempting as it is...all you old married guys make me think twice everytime that thought even enters my head.
          I like my big checks where they are.

Kreg, you're getting a run for your money with that "do your best, caulk the rest" line. You better have something real good this monday!

-J
          -----------------------------------------------------
          "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
          Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

jwork101,

yes that is correct, that is a good one. I try for monday however I am flying to charlotte NC late sunday and won't have internet. so I will go to kinkos and post. I am going to get my new house set up that I bought on april 2. that I will be moving from redondo beach to back their around the 15 of may.

but you will hear from me..... no doubt

kreg.....
            Kreg
            www.builtinking.com

Comment

Haha, good to hear you'll be continuing your monday humor show throughout the forum regardless of where/when/what gets in your way!
              -----------------------------------------------------
              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein
              Cluelessness: There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Here are some ideas I came up with.

1.Trimmers
                2. Base, Case and Crown contracting
                3.Platinum Finish Carpentry

Let me know what you guys think. I am kinda leaning towards #3.
                The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot..it cannot be done.
                If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run.
                And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
                There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell for a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only, are this man's lawful prey
                JOHN RUSKIN (1819-1900)

Comment

#2 and #3 are good. trimmers is an unknown name... hair trimmers, earthquake trimmers. etc....

base case and crown contra... lets people know exactly what you do. plat... is a more professional name.

thats my 2 cents worth

kreg
                  Kreg
                  www.builtinking.com

Comment

Kreg, thanks for your thoughts and opinions, thats what I am looking for.
                    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot..it cannot be done.
                    If you deal with the lowest bidder it is well to add something for the risk you run.
                    And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
                    There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell for a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only, are this man's lawful prey
                    JOHN RUSKIN (1819-1900)

Comment

Here is the services that tackles the business naming and branding http://eatmywords.com/services/names/, Here you can get some unique names that you can use for your business, I did try this one too.

Comment

Jackie,
                        This particular thread is 12 years old.
                        Mark Parlee
                        BESI(building envelope science institute) Envelope Inspector
                        EDI Certified EIFS Inspector/Moisture Analyst/Quality Control/Building Envelope II
                        EDI Seminar Instructor
                        Level one thermographer (Snell)
                        www.thebuildingconsultant.com
                        You build to code, code is the minimum to pass this test. Congratulations your grade is a D-

Comment

Working...
                        X