Teak deck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teak deck

I'm thinking of nailing kd 1x teak decking with stainless ring shank nails using a coil nailer, the joists are 16 oc and I have about 1550 sf. Due to the number of fasteners required I want to use nails versus screws. I am worried about splitting. Any thoughts?

Well my main thought is that's just crazy and unprofessional to nail down a teak deck! Come on that's top grade material and deserves to get screwed and plugged so it'll be beautiful for years!

Comment

No,no,no,! Agree with above, you might as well give the material to someone who can appreciate the effort required to give it the justice it deserves.

Comment

Same here. If someone is spending a small fortune on 1500 sf of Teak, I certainly wouldn't nail it and wouldn't even screw it. I'd insist on hidden fasteners.

Unless Teak is real cheap in Hawaii for some reason...

Comment

OK, Thanks for the passionate responses!

Comment

Has anyone tried the Camo deck fastener system with hardwoods. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Honolulubuilder View Post
              Has anyone tried the Camo deck fastener system with hardwoods. What are your thoughts?
              Used that fastener system a few years ago on a 500SF IPE deck at a restaurant in southern Cali. Worked great and still looks good to this day.

Comment

Working...
              X