Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Looking for StanleyTH-7 instructions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for StanleyTH-7 instructions.

20 plus years ago I worked with a carpenter who had me use a TH-7 jig for preparing doors for hinges. I never used it for the door jambs. He passed away a few years ago and I bought the tool from the estate. Does anyone have a set of instructions for this tool that they could scan for me? I have a couple of doors to hang on some existing door jambs that have never had doors installed. Would like to use this like he used to.

I'll check around and see what I can find.

Mark.
    Last edited by Fine Finish; 04-07-2016, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Found this old document. It's barely legible, but it does show something of what to with the jig. It isn't an owners manual though. I'll keep looking.

Mark S.
      Attached Files

Comment

I THINK you are talking about the Stanley hinge template system that became the Bosch 83038 when Bosch bought out the Stanley power tool division. (Now discontinued).

I have that template system, but I don't have the instruction manual.

I did run across an on-line forum in which a member offered to send copies of the manual to anyone who asked for it ---the conversation took place last year, so I don't know if the offer still stands, but here is the link:

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/34902

Good luck. That system is pretty straight forward, uses a 1/2" diameter bit and a 5/8" diameter collar.

p.s. Looks like the offer still stands as of March 2016--read the last post on the page
        Last edited by Jerry M; 04-07-2016, 03:17 AM.
        ---Jerry

Try to learn from other people's mistakes---you'll never have time to make them all yourself

Comment

Is this it?

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedi...-jig-290546752

Comment

If it is the same as the Bosch this is the owners manual for my Bosch 83037 hinge jig.
            As stated 5/8" bushing with 1/2" bit gives you 1/4" radius corners, I have to check the bushing and bit size for 5/8' radius corners.

Tom
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X