Window Screens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Screens

I am pricing out a little project to build eight window screens. How do you like to attach the screening? Attach it right to the frame and cover it with screen bead? Rabbet? Rabbet with 1/8" x 1/8" groove for splines? Etc.? If you like to do the groove and spline, how do you like to cut the groove?

​Thanks in advance.
    www.kylezach.com

I have not much idea about it. Well, I have read somewhere that the groove would be the best choice.

Comment

Just seeing this now.

All depends on the look. Personally I like aluminum frames custom manufactured locally by a window shop that I can get in most any color. To me that's the best option but if wood is what they want then wood it will be.

I'd grove with a table saw for the spine and then assemble the frames.
      Gary

Comment

Why are you asking the same question again? Or, why did you start a duplicate thread? I thought that there were many responses to that thread.
        Jason Laws
        Plain In Maine
        Amity, Maine
        plaininmaine.houzz.com

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

Jason,

I accidentally put up a duplicate post.
          www.kylezach.com

Comment

Sorry.....I just thought maybe we were being too slow with answers. Although after visiting your website, I think that your quality will shine through and it will work out, if it didn't already.

Jason Laws
            Plain In Maine
            Amity, Maine
            plaininmaine.houzz.com

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for the kind words. The screens are built and painted. I just have to install the screening and do the little half round moulding detail

My apologies for my clumsiness on the keyboard.

Kyle

www.kylezach.com

Comment

So, how did you end up doing them? I missed that, if you said it already. You never know what a customer will ask you to do, so its nice to keep an idea in mind....
                Jason Laws
                Plain In Maine
                Amity, Maine
                plaininmaine.houzz.com

Comment

Working...
                X