Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

deck oil finish

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck oil finish

any one used penofin penetrating oil on wood staining decks? Looking for a long lasting finish. jrr jrr

Re: deck oil finish

Penofin is a great product but they have lots of different mixes. I have an ipe deck on a current job that will get the Penofin Hardwood Formula.

You can read through the website but I found that too confusing. I like calling the tech department of companies and tell them the type of wood and what you are looking to do.

Re: deck oil finish

On Ipe it takes a long time to soak in, my painter recommends pre-staining the boards, and letting them sit, then re-staining them in place, then hitting them again within 6 mos. to a year.

They'll be oily for a while even after you wipe them off.

But it is a very good finish.
      “It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.” - Upton Sinclair