Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Painting ColorPlus HardiePlank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting ColorPlus HardiePlank

I have the opportunity to purchase some HardiPlank at a reduced price. It is the pre-painted ColorPlus which unfortunately is the wrong color for the job.

The tech rep for Hardie says no problem using a 100% acrylic paint. I'm still a little concerned that the paint would not adhere longterm to the factory pre-painted finish. Obviously repainting would eliminate the need for color matched caulking and would make the whole project easier.

Your advice please.

Re: Painting ColorPlus HardiePlank

I would not hesitate to buy it. The only problem I could foresee is that you might have a bit of trouble completely hiding the original color. But no concerns about adherence.

Comment

OK thanks. It's a medium green and I will paint it a light cream. Unless it's unlike wood I assume a coat of primer and one or two coats of paint should do the trick. It's not a large area I dealing with here. Is there something that makes the HardiePlank factory paint more difficult to cover??

Comment

I'm with charles. As long as you get a good enough deal that painting it makes sense go for it.

We almost always repaint at least part of a Color-plus job as part of the contract. High traffic areas near doors and 1st floor areas where people are up close to the siding usually get an additional coat. I don't like the way the color matched caulk looks a different color after a few years so I push for a final coat.

Comment

Working...
        X