Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

Can I use 7/8" cedar shakes on my sidewall and pack out the trim

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use 7/8" cedar shakes on my sidewall and pack out the trim

Hi everyone,
    Thanks in advance for any help. I have 20 square of 18" red cedar 7/8" butt tapered shingle that I'd like to use to shingle my home's exterior walls. The existing windows are vinyl with a built-in J-channel. If I use a 7 1/2" exposue the overall thickness will be close to 2". I figure I can pack out the window trim but I wonder how bad this will look. Also wondering what would happen if the cedar shake was still slightly proud of the trim. Does this sound like a terible idea? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.