Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Screen-Tight Porch Screening??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen-Tight Porch Screening??

I am about to start a small project involving screening in a client's porch. Has anyone used or heard of the Screen-Tight system that uses the vinyl bases and caps to allow for splining??? Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

I found an article here about it, http://www.jlconline.com/cgi-local/v...177f00000105a2
    it says it is great, but I have never actually heard of anyone using it.
    Last edited by Deck-Mate; 10-13-2005, 11:57 AM.
    -------Matt--------

"The more I see the less I know for sure."
    -John Lennon

Re: Screen-Tight Porch Screening??

We screened in a porch a few years ago using Screen Tight. What, specifically, are you worried about? Our take is that it's:

1. More expensive than an "all wood" solution
    2. Similar labor
    3. Easier to create a smooth, tight screen

But the biggest benefit is that screening can be replaced more easily.

Hope this helps,
    Wayne.

Comment

Thanks for the reply -- I am not really worried about anything, I just have never used this product or even seen it used for that matter and I wanted to make sure it wasn't some cheap gimmick. Just wanted some insight.

While I'm at it, have you ever installed any Zanzar Retractable Screen Doors?
      -------Matt--------

"The more I see the less I know for sure."
      -John Lennon

Comment

I used the ScreenTite system for a large screen porch and was impressed. I will use it again because it's easy to get screens that look super and no sags!
        Take Care

Jim

Comment

We currently use the Screen-Tight system on our screened in porch upgrades for our homes. We currently build around 150 units now with plans to jump up to 200+ next year. Out of all of these units, about half used screened in porches. We have been pleased with the Screen-Tight system and going forward, we have no plans in changing to another screening setup.

Comment

Working...
          X