Screen-Tight Porch Screening??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen-Tight Porch Screening??

I am about to start a small project involving screening in a client's porch. Has anyone used or heard of the Screen-Tight system that uses the vinyl bases and caps to allow for splining??? Any advice or insight would be much appreciated.

I found an article here about it, http://www.jlconline.com/cgi-local/v...177f00000105a2
    it says it is great, but I have never actually heard of anyone using it.
    Last edited by Deck-Mate; 10-13-2005, 12:57 PM.
    -------Matt--------

"The more I see the less I know for sure."
    -John Lennon

Re: Screen-Tight Porch Screening??

We screened in a porch a few years ago using Screen Tight. What, specifically, are you worried about? Our take is that it's:

1. More expensive than an "all wood" solution
    2. Similar labor
    3. Easier to create a smooth, tight screen

But the biggest benefit is that screening can be replaced more easily.

Hope this helps,
    Wayne.

Comment

Thanks for the reply -- I am not really worried about anything, I just have never used this product or even seen it used for that matter and I wanted to make sure it wasn't some cheap gimmick. Just wanted some insight.

While I'm at it, have you ever installed any Zanzar Retractable Screen Doors?
      -------Matt--------

"The more I see the less I know for sure."
      -John Lennon

Comment

I used the ScreenTite system for a large screen porch and was impressed. I will use it again because it's easy to get screens that look super and no sags!
        Take Care

Jim

Comment

We currently use the Screen-Tight system on our screened in porch upgrades for our homes. We currently build around 150 units now with plans to jump up to 200+ next year. Out of all of these units, about half used screened in porches. We have been pleased with the Screen-Tight system and going forward, we have no plans in changing to another screening setup.

Comment

Working...
          X