metal lath for cultured stone veneer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• metal lath for cultured stone veneer

Putting up a cultered stone venner (LS stone) over 1/2" CDX exterior wall. I have 2 layers of #30 felt, and I am ready to nail up the metal lath for the scratch coat.
    What is the suggested nailing for metal lath ?
    Do the pieces of lath have to overlap, or just but up?

Thanks,

Nick

Re: metal lath for cultured stone veneer

Nick, I won't swear to this, but I think the lath for Cultured Stone goes up the same as for stucco. Which means vertical laps are a stud bay, horizontal laps are 2" with the upper sheets BEHIND the lower sheets, horizontal laps are wire tied in the center of each stud bay, and the nails at the studs are 6" OC.

Comment

Thanks charles,

BTW, roofing nails to install lath ?

Thanks,
      Nick

Comment

Comment

Nick, Henry sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Comment

This is a little off subject, but does go to the necessity of properly attaching expanded metal lath: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...AG5589SFD1.DTL
            You will ask what goal the U.S. is pursuing? .... their external debt is huge, and ruining other countries is their customary method. Even ownership of the global 'printing press' is no longer helping. Nor is full control over NATO, None of that if enough for the 21st century colonizers. They don't just need to preserve the dollar as the only global currency but also to get their hands on the economic wealth of other large powers and regions. - Sergei Naryshkin

Comment

I have always stapled my lath up with 1" crown staples.You can rent one most places. I tack up the lath and then work one direction being carfull not to get any buckles. Staple your stud lines and then every 6" in a dimond patern . I also prefer to use galvinized lath under stone. It seemes to hold up better as it is more prone to water leakage than stucco. I too prefer felt over house wrap to place under stucco .

Comment

This is on a covered porch (6' deep) and will probobly never see any water against it, do I need 2 layers of felt ?

Thanks,
                Nick

Comment

uno es suficiente.

In fact, if it will never get rain...could even use Tyvek!

Comment

Working...
                  X