Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the JLC Forums – Read-Only Edition

Please note that the JLC forums are now displayed read-only. New posts are no longer possible, but the collected work of building professionals sharing information remains available here as a resource to the JLC community.
See more
See less

Leaking Windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking Windows

Over the last many years I've posted many times about the retrofit window fraud, my wife goes to Yoga on Thursday evenings and I asked tonight why she was still here? She said Jean (the gal who picks her up and takes her) has leaking windows so they are not going tonight, I thought she was talking about car windows and she said: "No she just had new windows put in her house and every one of them is leaking so she can't go tonight." I told her I'm retired and don't want anything more to do with helping these poor people who get scammed with these caulked-in windows anymore but she's got big problems and better get someone in who knows what they are doing. Today is the first real rain we've had this year and I expect we will be hearing of a lot more people who have been scammed by these crooked window replacement contractors.
    "The only communists left in the world are in American Universities."

--Mikhail Gorbachev

Originally posted by Dick Seibert View Post
    Over the last many years I've posted many times about the retrofit window fraud, my wife goes to Yoga on Thursday evenings and I asked tonight why she was still here? She said Jean (the gal who picks her up and takes her) has leaking windows so they are not going tonight, I thought she was talking about car windows and she said: "No she just had new windows put in her house and every one of them is leaking so she can't go tonight." I told her I'm retired and don't want anything more to do with helping these poor people who get scammed with these caulked-in windows anymore but she's got big problems and better get someone in who knows what they are doing. Today is the first real rain we've had this year and I expect we will be hearing of a lot more people who have been scammed by these crooked window replacement contractors.
    Dick I've been preaching this for years. People have been throwing their money away since the 70's for these scam window jobs.

I gave up preaching about cheap products installed quickly ( they do entire homes in one day) I also encourage people now to go with the cheapest and fastest, tile, flooring, etc.. done cheap and fast so there will be plenty of work for us quality legitimate companies for years to come with I don't feel sorry for any consumer who thinks a window is a window, a shower pan is a shower pan, and an installer is just another installer. People who view this industry as a commodity or believe the BS marketing get what they deserve.

Sorry, I know it sounds cold and mean but it's the truth. I see it day in and day out, people falling for the hype, falling for the cheapest price thinking "Why would I pay twice as much when I can get the same thing for less"

I can't tell you how many times I get called for recently failed work. Strong referrals (money is not the issue) yet they still will not swallow the medicine $$ to make it all go away.

Gary

Comment

It does seem that all everyone thinks about is the cost of everything, not the quality of the product and/or the install. I won't install those kinds of windows - what's the point? I want a good reputation, not a bad one.
      Jason Laws
      Plain In Maine
      Amity, Maine
      plaininmaine.houzz.com

" ... I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock" (Matthew 7:24-25 KJV).

Comment

The real crime is while it is a cheap window, these companies screw the heck out of the consumer with their high pressure sales tactics & finance options they end up paying thousands of dollars over time.

Comment

I think people should get more alerted while installing windows, so that the chances of scam windows would be less. Installation of windows should be done by professional companies like miami impact windows and their team are also efficient and experienced. The quality and cost should be reasonable and should be in budget for the homeowners.

Comment

Working...
          X