Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Follow up letter after losing the bid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

www.RemodelingRiches.com

Comment

Can someone help me find this follow up letter to download?

Comment

Re: Follow up letter after losing the bid;
        I have read some great thoughts and comments about where we should position ourselves in the marketplace. It occurs to me though, that we haven't actually addressed the question of whether or not to send a follow up letter. I might have missed it.
        I have found that a follow up letter gets thrown out. So our company started sending a follow up "magnet". It doesn't get thrown away as quickly, and has served as a reminder to the "lost" client, who can do the job right if it isn't done that way the first time. Along with the magnet is a brochure listing all services our company offers, job experience, and why we are experts in our field.
        We have been referred by "lost" clients to their friends because of the "lack of hard feelings", as well as the professional demeaner with which we conducted ourselves before, during, and after the bidding process. We have also been called by "lost" clients to fix things that weren't done up to satisfaction.
        Though there will never be an easy answer to these questions, as there is a lot of competition out there, there is always the peace of mind you take with you for doing something right.

Comment

I believe you should always followup with a thank you letter for letting you bid on a project. Not so you can fix the botched job the low bidder did, but so they know you are a professional and perhaps the next job, or their friends job,may come your way.

Bidding on price is very difficult.You have fixed costs (overhead), material and labor cost and perhaps a profit you need to get. You need to know your numbers. Chasing after the next job to pay the bills from the last job is sure disaster.

Making more sales calls and getting customers that will pay your price is the key to a successful business. Losing money on a job before even leaving the sales meeting - well you figure it out.

There will always be lower bidders. Your confidence, professionalism and past performance need to make you worth it.

Comment

Bill, welcome to the forums.

Originally posted by Remodelmaxbill View Post
            I believe you should always followup with a thank you letter for letting you bid on a project. Not so you can fix the botched job the low bidder did, but so they know you are a professional and perhaps the next job, or their friends job,may come your way.
            I'm curious what percentage of your work comes from this method. Do you also send a letter to those who got your bid but never call you to tell you they chose someone else and never return your call inquiring whether they did?
            Tom

"Whoever ceases to be a student has never been a student." George Iles

Comment

Working...
            X