Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Myron-I got this link from you

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myron-I got this link from you

Myron
    I found this mixer through a link on your website. It is at Wind-lock.com. Have you, or anyone else, used this 'fixed, 2-blade fan mixer' for mixing powder compounds? I'm looking for something that does a little better than the square shaped mixer I use now. (similar to the one pictured on the Wind-lock.com page) What do you guys think?

http://www.wind-lock.com/htmls/drywall_tools.html

Re: Myron-I got this link from you

They keep the splater down but seem to be a little slower for mixing powder compounds. They dont let as much air in to the mix which is a plus. I like them for paint and thin mixes. I still use the padle blade mixers to stir the premixed joint compound.

Comment

I prefer the blade style because it is easier to keep clean and it mixes compound faster.

Comment

We use the 2 blade fan mixer, and like it. We have used the square blade also, but it is harder to clean and doesn't mix as well, especially powder. The "squirrel-cage" mixer is good for smaller amounts and is the best for mixing wallpaper adhesive.

Comment

Working...
        X