Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

dust problems in a furniture store

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dust problems in a furniture store

I will renovating a large furniture store. It will be kept operating during the renovation. Are there any suggestions as to how I can keep the drywall dust to a minimum?

Also, the drywall will be screwed to 3/4" spruce strapping, 2' on center which are in turn attached to cement block. What is the best way to attache 3/4" firring to cement blocks?

Thanks for any help on this

Re: dust problems in a furniture store

Andrew, attach the firring w/TApcons and glue.
    As for the dust from the drywall, if there's any place to construct a visqueen(sp)area, where you do all your cuts, that's helpful. If not, work with a vacuum as a sidekick, and use it anytime you cut holes or file. The finish should be wet sanded, but don't expect bank-wall perfection. You can get darn close with wet sanding, just not PERFECT. I've done a couple of photo lab remodels using this technique. There, dust is not allowed. Best, Al.

Re: dust problems in a furniture store

Try to set up a squirrle cage fan with a large hose attached existing out a window or door in the area you are working in. This will create a negative pressure in this area & will retard air flow/dust toward the sales area.

PS I cannot belive I cannot remember how spell Squirrle corectly.????!!!???