ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

hand texture

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • hand texture

    I have seen this type of texture but never applied it myself. I think it is done by rolling drywall thinned down mud on with a paint roller & then a stippling brush or :Horsehair brush" applied to create the ridges. I call it Taco bell texture.
    I have a photo on my desktop of it but can not figure how to post it here. I have no website yet.

  • #2
    Re: hand texture

    I'll ask my brother, he does these all the time.

    taco bell


    • #3
      Re: hand texture

      Not To Worry : I finnally found some one who still has horse hair Brush. It matched perfectly. As always my borrowed tools get returned with a 12 pack of Bud (or other beer if there is any such thing).
      The Finnish Is made by applying Orange peel Viscosity mud to walls with a 3/8" roller. & followed by the hore hair stomp brush.
      Basicly it is achevied by using horses mane.
      drill some 3/8" holse in a piece of 3/4" plywood about 3" O.C.
      Cut mane to about 4" long & insert bunches of mane through holes in plywood. ( Horse tail is to coarse)
      Sandwich another layer on the 1st to lock mane sprigs in place.
      apply a handle & stomp twist & pull real popular in 70's