Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

Pricing in NYC area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing in NYC area

Hey all,
    Just curious if anyone knows the per sq ft rate in the NYC metro area. I'm figuring a job of 7-8 thousand sq ft. Myron, I know you said you were getting 1.50 for smaller jobs. How about the bigger ones?
    Richie

Re: Pricing in NYC area

7-8000 SF of what? 8' walls and lids? 12' walls with 5/8" lids? Cut up apartments, or wide open retail? What finish level? NYC- union labor or illegal immigrants? 1st floor, or 51st floor?

All of these items will affect the pricing- but given those variables, the price per SF could be as low as .95/SF, or as high as $3.00/SF.

Bob

Comment

Bob,
      Thanks for the reply. Residential work on the second and third story. Walls and ceilings (8 foot on the third floor 9 on the second). Price to include material, hanging , three coats, and finish sanding. Six rooms per floor (12 total). Thanks again.
      Richie

Comment

Learn a bit of spanish and you can get some excellent hard working labor on the upper east side. You can piece it out too.
        Just tell them Ricardo sent you.

--rick

Comment

Rick,
          Thanks for replying. It looks like we are getting the job so I'll soon know if I was in the correct range for pricing. Again, thanks.
          Richie

Comment

Working...
          X