Bug and Defect Report Email Address

NOTICE: Thank you for your continued patience with the persistent bugs affecting the JLC Online Forums. We've setup a special email address for reporting issues and defects. Reports will go directly to the assigned IT team members. Please include screenshots if you can. There were some widespread issues over the past weekend which have been resolved. However, we know that various error pop-ups are still occurring during post composition and at other times. Thanks again. Here's the email address:
See more
See less

curved soffit detail

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curved soffit detail

I recently bought a book Will Holladay's "A Roof Cutter's Secret To Framing the Custom Home". In the book there is a interior soffit detail (fig15-5 pg. 287). This soffit is essentially a large quarter round with about a 10' radius. Then where the soffit meets the ceiling and wall, there is a small +-4" radius where is turns on to the wall and ceiling. In other words there are no edges. It is just a series of smooth curves.

My question is... in this detail he has 2x4s spaced out along the large curves, but not the two smaller curves where the soffit turns back to the wall. So how would you go about finishing this. Would you use plaster some sort of mesh? If so then how would you get the mesh to fit the profile of the small curves.

Re: curved soffit detail

I have never done anything like this.Check out the website they have some really nice stuff.