Announcement

Collapse

ALERT - Threads Not Displaying

A large number of threads from the last 12 months are no longer displaying in the individual Forums. The technical team is aware of the problem and we are working to resolve it. We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
See more
See less

W.R. Drywall In Basement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W.R. Drywall In Basement?

Hey all,
    I was looking at a bid for a job submitted by another contractor for finishing a basement. He specified the bottom 2 feet of wall be covered with moisture resistant drywall and the rest with regular drywall. Does anyone else do this or recommend doing it or is regular drywall good enough? I usually use regular drywall held off the slab about 1/2 inch to prevent any wicking of moisture. Thanks.
    Richie

Re: W.R. Drywall In Basement?

M/R board in my opinion is a joke! What it does it hold the moisture in and does not allow the moisture to dry as regular rock does. The way you do it is just fine!

Comment

Steve,
      Thanks for the response. Like I said I had never heard of it but was curious if I was missing something.
      Richie

Comment

I rarely use MR board. I think in will soon be phased out and replaced with mold resistant drywall.

Comment

Myron,
          Sorry my response took sooo long. Thanks for replying. I'm gonna keep using the standard drywall like I've always done. I haven't heard about the mold resistant drywall. Have you heard how they are going to make it?
          Richie

Comment

Working...
          X